Woodstock Gliders

exscream team

Well done... By watching the video, I think I need to turn earlier...

You need to keep the tub tangent to the concrete pad.

I don't know what you think that word means, but what you have said makes no sense:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Tangent&oq=Tangent&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3..0l5.2346.10698.0.11163.18.12.3.3.3.1.1038.3104.0j1j5-2j1j1.5.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..8.10.2350.RL3N4rGAKkw

• Like 3

Well I have no idea whats being spoken but I think I learned what I need to do differently.  I dont flip the wing till Im almost near the top or almost near the bottom.  I have only gotten 1 semi snap.  But it looks like from the video that to snap I should do the following (and if its wrong please let me know)

1. As the glider is rising out away from the structure point the wing to the center

2. when it hits it peak and starts to fall point the wing away from the center

3. when you hit the bottom point to the center...

repeat as needed, right?>  Man I must have gotten super lucky or screwed up big time haha

• Like 1

I think that's my problem, and why I can't snap. My tub is always rotating way too much and ends up pointing way too far out or way too far in. How do you prevent it from rotating like that?

That is indeed your problem, as it was mine. Don't turn as hard inwards, or your tub is imbalanced.
  • Like 2

I think that's my problem, and why I can't snap. My tub is always rotating way too much and ends up pointing way too far out or way too far in. How do you prevent it from rotating like that?

That is indeed your problem, as it was mine. Don't turn as hard inwards, or your tub is imbalanced.

Got it. I'll try that next time. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Got it. I'll try that next time. Thanks! :)

My YouTube channel is filled with videos of my snappings at other parks. The Larsons honestly aren't that much different in snapping techniques than a Bisch-Rocco. That's from over 800+ rides on Woodstock Gliders
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

KI doesn't seem likely to change their minds about closing the Gliders along with the rest of Planet Snoopy during Haunt. I think it would be fun for those of us who enjoy snapping (or learning to snap) them to try to coordinate using our free Fastlane (from renewing our season passes) on the same Sunday in October to do some marathoning of the Gliders.

I know from last year, it was a bit of a waste to use the free Fastlane on coaster riding (there were often as many people in the Fastlane line as the regular line), but being able to ride the Gliders over and over with minimal waits (especially along with other mostly adult fans of the ride) would be quite fun.

• Like 3

KI doesn't seem likely to change their minds about closing the Gliders along with the rest of Planet Snoopy during Haunt. I think it would be fun for those of us who enjoy snapping (or learning to snap) them to try to coordinate using our free Fastlane (from renewing our season passes) on the same Sunday in October to do some marathoning of the Gliders.

I know from last year, it was a bit of a waste to use the free Fastlane on coaster riding (there were often as many people in the Fastlane line as the regular line), but being able to ride the Gliders over and over with minimal waits (especially along with other mostly adult fans of the ride) would be quite fun.

Hmmm, good idea. I'm in for it.

• Like 1