Snapping the Flyers

gforce1994

The KI set has some wicked snaps with massive ejector air. The trick is sitting on the right side of the tub with your left hand on the back right corner. Take your right hand, and push the fin in as much as possible when starting. When you turn the fin out, try to keep the tub as tangential to the concrete circle. When the tub is about to reach maximum height, lean into the fin, making it point downward. Your body should act as a dynamic part of the tub. That should help snap!

I was at the park one day and this guy who said he rode it 29 times that day. Long story short, dude was snapping EVERY ride cycle he was on there.

LOL. That guy was likely me.

If that was you, then why didn't you explain to me how to snap when I asked you bud?

• Like 2

Snapping is hard to explain. It is better to watch others, and mimic their actions, then it is to lecture. Two days ago, I told a group of interested boys how to snap. They couldn't execute a single snap properly. Once they were behind me and copying me, they were snapping the heck out of the cables.

• Like 7

I have yet to actually watch someone as they snap. I've sat and watched the scooters several times in my limited visits, but anytime someone snaps while I'm watching, it's always someone on the opposite side from the tubs that I'm keeping my eye on.

Agreed. There was one night I got a ride with seven of us snapping at once, it was so fun!

Riding the same cycle as LoraX when she's angry is surprisingly exciting also. :) I don't wish her to be angry, but you don't realize how much she's holding back until you've seen her pull out the stops!

I found the so-called "snapathons" to be amazing. I like the meet ups for discussions and the snapping. It is rather scary, for the first few rides, to feel the rudder vibrate after a solid snap.

And if all this bragging and braggadocio continues here...(or, more so, the conduct...)

The ride IS in Kiddieland. Parents WILL, as they did years ago, complain.

What is amusing to you is frightening to the target market.

Kids openly embrace the snapping. It's the parents who are overprotective that complain.
  • Like 2

And it's the parents who decide whether (or not) to bring the kids back to the park.

Kids also embrace playing with fire, associating with the "bad kids," rope swings, skate boarding, etc. Some parents are okay with this. Many aren't.

So we should fly the scooters without snapping, since some snobby, overprotective parent doesn't like how I enjoy my ride on the flying scooters? Sheesh, and Carowinds flyers are in the kids section, and the kids are encouraged to snap! What's the difference between CW, and KIs flyers besides the make and manufacturer of the ride?
  • Like 2

Magenta Lizard you made me laugh about the other night so I am not so angry now.

As far as snapping goes, we are privileged to be allowed to snap the gliders. Be mindful of those around you, especially if there are small children. I truly wish there was a second set of gliders for people taller than 44 inches. I can hope (and probably come up empty) for a second set.

Snapping really is not difficult. It simply takes practice. It's easy to show someone how to snap. Explaining while in queue is easy. Not sure if it can translate here, but will try to explain what works for me.

I sit on the far right side of the tub with the front of the fin pointed in (towards the center or base). About the time you make one full circle, turn the fin outward (away from the base) and repeat until you get more in the air.

As you ride, visualize a clock, specifically "2:00" and "4:00." When you are going up, you will turn the fin in somewhat quickly when you reach "2:00". As you are heading down, turn the fin outward somewhat quickly when you reach "4:00". Until you crest, you will keep going in the direction you are heading so if you wait until "12:00" or "11:00" as you go up or "6:00" or "7:00" to turn the fin you typically have waited too long to get snaps.

I am at the park a lot. I am at the gliders a lot. Feel free to ask questions. I am sure others can give other pointers on what works for them.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Carowinds...the kids are encouraged to snap!

I've know they encourage flying the glider as high as one can achieve, and applauding 'great flying', but do they actually encourage snapping?
Yes. They say stuff such as "great snaps" over the mic, to supposedly rerides for the best snap.
  • Like 4

And if all this bragging and braggadocio continues here...(or, more so, the conduct...)

The ride IS in Kiddieland. Parents WILL, as they did years ago, complain.

What is amusing to you is frightening to the target market.

Kids openly embrace the snapping. It's the parents who are overprotective that complain.

And that's why they are called "Whipper Snappers". I've never met a kid yet who didn't want to snap once they saw it, and never met a parent who didn't act like Miz Drysdale meeting hillbillies when the kids succeeded.

• Like 5

Well, here's one parent who doesn't act like Miz Drysdale meeting hillbillies when my kid snaps (or tries to snap).  GatorGirl is still a snapper-in-training.  Every time we ride a set of scooters at any park, after each ride she inevitably asks me how she did on that one.  This parent is more like another kid encouraging her on!  :lol: 

• Like 7

There is a family that Magenta Lizard and I met that has a 7 year old son. They won't ride the gliders, but they let their son ride. They've brought him over to watch me so he can learn to snap (he's getting really close to snapping.)

• Like 8

There is a family that Magenta Lizard and I met that has a 7 year old son. They won't ride the gliders, but they let their son ride. They've brought him over to watch me so he can learn to snap (he's getting really close to snapping.)

Has the 7-year old gotten mini-snaps yet?