Cedar Point Analyst Day

I'm not 100% sure what all Cedar Point Analyst Day entailed but the release from Cedar Fair offered some interesting insights into future capital investments. Particularly that:

-There are major coasters planned each year through 2020 (no surprise there)

-"Coaster Re-Work" Projects for 2016-2018

-Mid-size Thrill Rides for 2016-2017 & 2019-2020

-Interactive Dark Rides for 2016-2019

-Water Park additions for 2016-2019

-Kids/Tweens attractions for 2016-2020

-Perhaps most interestingly "Accommodations" planned for 2017 & 2019. 

-Ride Removals for 2016-2018. 

I highly suggest reading through the whole document. The oft talked about pie chart breaking down park by park revenues and EBITDA is also present. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Obviously lots will change between now and 2020 but if we use this as a baseline for what to expect the next few years it looks like the trend of one giant project each year with a couple mid-size projects is going to be the norm. With CW and Knott's already having interactive dark rides and 4 more being planned I think it is safe to say that both CP and KI will be receiving one over this period. It will also be interesting to see what exactly the accommodation expenditures will be. It would appear that the rumors of a Carowinds on-site hotel may have some legs here. 

• Like 8

Note in the breakdowns of revenue and EBITDA by park a park is missing.

That park appears in the map showing each of the Parks' locations and logos, but apparently on both revenue and EBITDA it isn't even a rounding error.

At least that Kingdom will probably be open next year.

That's a probably though.

I'm not 100% sure what all Cedar Point Analyst Day entailed but the release from Cedar Fair offered some interesting insights into future capital investments. Particularly that:

-There are major coasters planned each year through 2020 (no surprise there)

-"Coaster Re-Work" Projects for 2016-2018

-Mid-size Thrill Rides for 2016-2017 & 2019-2020

-Interactive Dark Rides for 2016-2019

-Water Park additions for 2016-2019

-Kids/Tweens attractions for 2016-2020

-Perhaps most interestingly "Accommodations" planned for 2017 & 2019.

-Ride Removals for 2016-2018.

Let append this here

b6e2130bc2d7ce26f4ace88785eef39c.jpg5c49773e6ba64de026e9e2f6b8139317.jpg

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 1

The first 10 years were great, but as you get older and the coaster gets older; you just find yourself disagreeing with each other. Lol. Time for something new, smooth, and more enjoyable. Vortex will be 29 years old next year. It's worn out literally.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 2

How is it worn out "literally"?  I'd say it gives pretty much the same ride today as it did when I was a kid.  My body handles it different, but it always beat me around as a kid a bit.  I enjoy the ride as much today as I did 25 years ago or whenever I first rode it, just can't ride it 3-4 times in a row like I did back then.  There are plenty of other spaces you can add a new roller coaster to around the park, no need to tear one out just because it doesn't suit you.  Its also the only looping coaster in the park at the 48" requirement, giving young kids their first chance at inversions.

• Like 3

I get tired of saying this, I'm 51 years old, some of my best Vortex rides have came in the last 2 seasons. 

This coaster is one of the best Arrow Loopers ever made. It broke 3 records when it opened. If you ride in 5-1 or 7-1, it really isn't off par with any "modern" looper. I got off Kumba feeling about the same as a Vortex ride. 

I don't get the "remove Vortex" thing. If you don't want to ride it , don't.  It holds special memories to some, myself included. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I have read that CF is going to be removing the Arrows from there parks I hate to see Vortex go but right now it's an eye sore. They need to repaint it clean it up or just trash it. Wouldn't mind seeing a floorless coaster go in its place with the same lay out. As for the ride I think if your over 6/1 it's ok but us short guys like me it's pretty rough. I still love to ride it I just have to hang on for dear life when I do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have read that CF is going to be removing the Arrows from their parks I hate to see Vortex go but right now it's an eye sore. They need to repaint it clean it up or just trash it. Wouldn't mind seeing a floorless coaster go in its place with the same lay out. As for the ride I think if your over 6/1 it's ok but us short guys like me it's pretty rough. I still love to ride it I just have to hang on for dear life when I do.

My god I did 1-1 earlier this year and it was almost an out of body experience. As in I felt my skin was going to fall off of my body. It was so forceful and jarring.

And I loved it.

The place you read that wasn't Screamscape was it? If so, it's often as reliable as a Magic 8-Ball. Of course, Lance has been known to go back and edit out or even change incorrect prophesies. That being said, he really does have an Inside Track (Hi, Mark Wyatt--wherever you are) with a few parks. Read it with a pinch (but not a ton) of salt. Kind of like Wikipedia, but less so.

• Like 1