Cedar Point 6-23-04

shadow2k3

Well, I finally hit the Point for the first time in my life. I must say, I am impressed mostly in their steel. I'll go ahead and rate the rides I rode.

Coasters

Top Thrill Dragster-While it doesn't win any points with me in the creativity department, the experience itself is just unreal. This coaster has won me over totally.

10/10

Millenium Force-Great Steel all around. Even with the T-Bar all the way down, I had some massive airtime. Highly reccomended.

10/10

Iron Dragon- Resembles Gun in a few ways, but this one seems like a good primer coaster. The mist effects are cool though. Last half is the best.

7/10

Corkscrew-Starts you out thrilling and leaves you hanging. MUCH too short.

4/10

Flats/Etc

Space Spiral-This is a nice, relaxing view of the park while hearing a canned recorded speech throughout. Nice view, nasty temperature.

6/10

SkyRide-Reminicent of our old Skylab. Useful to get to one side of the park to the TTD Midway. Just don't shake the car. blink.gif

7/10

Giant Wheel-Definitely something to cuddle on. Has a good view of the Lake Erie Shoreline and Wicked Twister (Where I got to see a guy "Run", which was quite amusing)

7/10

Other notables-

I'm not exactly very fond of their loose article policy. Putting hats in your shirt? Pfft. That's an easy loss if you wear really loose shirts. That and you can't take any bags into the ride area. I don't think I want to mess with a locker, either. dry.gif

Associate wardrobe-A little weird. Makes me glad I have the wardrobe that I do.

Arcades-Nice. They vary from vintage arcade machines to the newest. Not bad.

Overall-You're looking at an 8/10

Great coasters, but a few things bring it down. Try coming up sometime. lol

~S~

I have one thing to say, TTD overpowered me in every way. Millenium Force is number 2 on my list, massive airtime in my book, one more thing to say........Cedar Point cannot touch us in wood or Childrens area, one of the assciates @ CP praised PKI in their Kids area laugh.gif

Oh wait, I forgot about Power Tower. Not a bad ride. Not as forceful as DZ is, either. That and Disaster Transport went down while I was in line.

Yeah, the fact that Coaster Con 17 was being held that day didn't help matters much either. I saw LOTS of ACErs and talked to a few as well. Arrgh. I hate when my planning goes awry. >_< I wanted to ride more, but it was a pretty heavy day. Especially for a Wednesday. dry.gif *sigh*

~S~

Wow, that sounds like a great experiance. Now that the trip to Hershey Park got canceled i now have something more to keep me drooling when i go up to CP this year (whether I am by myself or with others from the park , I dont care) sounds like alot of fun, even thought the ACER's kinda killed it for ya.

Corkscrew is short, but you have to keep in mind that it was built before The Vortex. It was one of the first coasters with three inversions. I kinda like the way you corkscrew over the midway. I don't care for Iron Dragon either. Mostly a boring coaster until the last 20 seconds. Dragster and Millennium are two of my favs there. Too bad you didn't get to ride Wicked Twister. Usually, there is only about a 30 minute wait for it. The back seat is by far my favorite. Geminii is a kick butt coaster too. The trains being that close just screams "rider participation". A shame about Magnum too. Even though it is a bit rougher than TTD or MF, it is an awesome ride. Which side of the Power Tower did you ride? The launch up or down? The do kinda lack in the flat rides. It's not the number of flats they have, just the quality. And, I think if I were a kid, I would have much more fun at PKI's Nick and Hanna lands. The real shock is that you didn't ride Raptor. This coaster is still rated in the top ten steel category. PKI could definitely benefit from a B&M inverted. One can dream...

I couldn't stand the way DZ does things, so I chose to do Space Shot (Shot up) on Power Tower (Made by our good freinds at S&S Power smile.gif ) I was thinking it was going to be as intense as DZ, but I was wrong. It's actually pretty light compared to DZ, and it's actually (Dare I say it) more relaxing than it is thrilling. lol. My goal for that day was to cram as many coasters as I could. I wanted to ride Magnum, but I didn't have the time. That and seeing WT shake in the breeze like that just made me wonder.. blink.gif

~S~

Yes, it's true about the spikes. It made me nervous the first time I saw it up close. But, then I remembered a coaster special that featured Superman: Ulimate Escape (Now Steel Venom at Geauga Lake) at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure and I think maybe a maintenance guy or some kind of engineer explained that the spike had to sway or it would break.