Kings Island overall food concession experience 2015

Tr0y

We have said it ad nauseam on here. Your workers should want to not lose their jobs for a certain reason (great pay, great perks, etc) and should have a "fear" of losing their jobs. When that's missing you get lazy or non caring employees.

Maybe KI needs to bump the pay to bring in a better type of employee. Maybe KI needs to have better perks for the employee. Maybe KI just needs to fire a few people to make the others "Fly Right." Whatever it is KI is not doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

There used to be a system back in the Paramount Era where engaging with both guests and your supervisors (say, taking a lap around the fountains with your manager while sweeping in Park Services/Ecology) netted you coins that you could trade in for meal tickets at the employee cafe. There was also a fairly comprehensive perks system in which you could aim towards tickets to parks outside the former chain of Paramount Parks, including Dollywood and Cedar Point, and you were given up to 20 tickets to the Island to give out to friends and family members depending on how many hours you worked.

Cedar Fair did away with almost all of those programs and reduced the amount of tickets to a measly four, regardless of hours worked (at the beginning of the Fair's reign of the Island in 2007).

• Like 4

4 tickets? Is that for real? What's the point? I'm guessing you get free entrance all year which is great but if you can't bring friends it gets boring very quickly. 4 tickets is disappointing the f you were hoping to bring a few people multiple times.

I really enjoy our park but it's tough to do that ya kno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I always, in my former career, sought good talent (employees), developed them, and rewarded hard work.  This was not always monetary.  And when I did make a hiring mistake, I was quick to implement progressive discipline and rid the bad apple.

Unfortunately, food service at KI does not seem to do this.  Like the guy at Panda Express on Sunday.  He was at the grill area, flipping thru his cell phone.  I can understand if there is a lull, you don't have to work like a madman.  But using a cell phone in public when preparing food, without hand hygiene?  Cell phones are filled with germs!  Or the cashier--instead of saying to my companion: "We don't have no bottled water."  She could have said, "I'm sorry but we are out of bottled water today.  Would you like a Coke instead?"

• Like 5

I appreciate the Subway, Chick-fil-A, and Panda Express offerings in the park.  I really do.  If done right they bring value to the park.  And my wife and most of my kids hit Subway every visit, whilst my son hit Potato Works, and I went to Burrito Shack.  Service was decent enough every time we went...but we avoid a packed park.  If I was a franchisee I would think KI would be a place to clean up, and rake it in over the other park fare.  Which makes me wonder...are these corporate franchises in the park rather than local?  Anyone know?  A local franchisee---one would think---could outperform Cedar Fair's offerings in the park.  Right??

I was disappointed with concessions this year. Stands shutting down and hour or more before the park closes upon each of my visits. If I had shares in the company I would not be happy! Panda Express was shut down, lights off and gone at 5 on Closing day??? Reds had a 1.5 hr wait because of only having 3 servers. People were leaving there very unhappy!  I understand it is hard to get people to work on closing day, I get it, but I thought you're there there to make it a #KIBestDay and I would assume having food stands open and adequate service would be apart of that!

• Like 3