Slightly used Togo Stand up coaster for sale

That would be unlike Lagoon. They seem to be in custom, self-designed coaster mode. There's also the noise factor they have to be mindful of (Lagoon is very, very close to residents), and space.

Cannibal also cost a pretty penny so I wouldn't expect another coaster for a while there.

• Like 3

Hmm, well after seeing this same thing happen with Skyrider (formerly at Canada's Wonderland), I'm not too surprised to see Shock Wave for sale. It will probably go overseas to Europe or Asia though, or best case scenario for us in the USA, a small park in North America. At least someone will still be able to enjoy it for a few more years though.

Oh, and for those who are wondering "I wonder where Skyrider is now"...according to RCDB, it's at a park called Cavallino Matto in Italy now. They didn't have any pictures of it in its new home, but I googled it and found this...

cavallino-matto-freestyle-01ago2015-234.

Looks like the old coaster is getting a decent crowd in its new home at least. :P

• Like 15

• 1 year later...

I think standup coasters could make a significant comeback if, and only if, the trains are redesigned to better accommodate both genders. I understand that standing in line for a ride then having to standup on that same ride isn't pleasing to most. However, smaller sized coasters with shorter ride times, could pull it off better than the larger ones. Standups like King Cobra and Vortex at Carowinds are great because they're shorter and people wouldn't mind as much. Rides like Rougaroo, Green Lantern, and Riddler's Revenge should be floorless because they're significantly larger and the ride times last a lot longer. I say this, of course, if manufacturers like B&M change their standup car design 

My two cents

• Like 2

Wait...don't stand ups have height adjusting seats?  

I find stand ups okay from a seat stand point, but I have to ride them early in the day or my legs will turn to Jell-O.  I had a CP trip once where I rode Mantis after dinner time and boy did my legs regret that decision.

silver2005, who wishes CP would have kept Mantis' paint scheme. 

• Like 1

Stand up coasters do have height adjusting seats. Saw many ride ops adjusting seat height on Mantis and King Kobra. I think the novelty of standing on a roller coaster is long since past interesting to most of the general public. I don't believe a new train design is going to change that, and it is unfortunate as I never had an uncomfortable ride on either of those two stand ups. 

I much preferred King Cobra to Mantis.  Mantis the forces were so strong that it hurt my legs and I found the ride to be painful to the point it wasn`t enjoyable.  

Cedar Fair only has one stand up ride left, and that is Vortex at Carowinds.  I wonder how long before it to received the floorless train treatment.

I'm interested to see what SIX does with theirs.  They still own 5 (Apocalypse at SFA, Riddler's Revenge @ SFMM, Green Lantern at NJFTP, Georgia Scorcher, and Cobra @ La Ronde), and 2 are at parks that already have a floorless coaster and one was kept a stand up coaster as it was relocated and spruced up.  Cobra isn't a B&M though, but B&M has put trains on non-B&M rides (see Steel Dragon 2000). 

They do have adjustable seats...however, they aren't perfect. Riding Vortex opening weekend was rough for me as @IndyGuy4KI @electricsun @pianoman and @malem can attest. No matter the height of the seat, it put me at a really awkward angle where my legs could not even straighten up. Coming off the ride, I literally felt pain throughout my legs for the next 1/2 hour to an hour. 

Not fun.