blackout maze!

mangohaunt

Down grading the premier attraction would be a win loose. If I go to an Haunt, with lowered standards, and it exceeds those standards then I would like it more. But If it is a Saturday night, and hardpressed for time, I would not want to go due to the lack of scares.

I'm sure BlackOut will be an interesting Haunt as it could be one of the more sensory overloads with sounds and various wall styles that could evoke fear.

• Like 1

Since we are talking about scare levels, here are the ratings according to the Kings Island Mobile App:

Slaughter House: 5/5

This brings a smile to my face! :D
So if I ask Sam if he loves cows, meow meow meow. Tonight, what will he say?

Better yet, what does Sam think about BlackOut

Since we are talking about scare levels, here are the ratings according to the Kings Island Mobile App:

Blackout: 1/5

Wolf Pack: 3/5

Cornstalkers: 4/5

Delta Delta Die: 1/5

Board To Death: 2/5

KillMart: 2/5

Urgent Scare: 4/5

Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror: 1/5

Tombstone Terror-Tory: 1/5

CarnEVIL: 4/5

I have to say in my opinion these are incredibly false, and I cannot be the only one that thinks that.

Maybe it's based on intensity of visual effects. Slaughter House 5 out of 5 being visually bloody. Blackout...you can't see a thing. But all I can say is that if you've ever been afraid of the dark and can admit not wanting to get up and check on a noise you hear outside your room or in the basement....then Blackout should rank 10 out of 5.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like 6

The scariness of Blackout really depends on one's fear of the dark. If you are scared of the trip from the light switch to your bed in your house, Blackout will psychologically torture you. If you don't really care about the dark, or even like the dark, Blackout won't be too scary. There are not many scareactors in the maze, so the scares rely mostly on the fact you cannot see anything. 

For me, I hate the dark - or the unknown, more specifically - so Blackout is extremely scary.

• Like 8

Again..... execution of the process is key. They need scareactors roaming the house....if there were any there, I didn't sense them. Can easily be fixed with creatures that glow in the dark, or light up etc. The one thing (won't say for it to remain a mystery for a while) was lit well, but not a surpise. More sounds, except for a droning soundtrack would be cool..... for instance hissing snakes, or scratchy insect sounds, or growling sounds. There was no surprise to speak of in the house.

Man, my opinion is completely different from basically everyone else's on here.

There were many jump scares when I made my way through Blackout. There were also some extremely creepy moments that sent shivers down my spine. And just the fact I can't see anything and can only feel the wall to my left makes it even worse. 

• Like 3

Blackout freaked me out. I can go through any maze and not get scared but when I went through black out I was getting really anxious actually got scared. Mainly because you can't see much other than arrows and the random light flashes with the wierd textured walls. In most mazes I'm expecting people to be in certain places or just to scream. This one just scares me getting lost and no one there to tell you where to go. Most mazes flow and people show you where to go. This one is just dead ends.

• Like 3

I have to say in my opinion these are incredibly false, and I cannot be the only one that thinks that.

If those are ratings from people who set up Haunt or even advertise/market it, that speaks volumes about how much faith they put into an event they consider to be "the most immersive horror experience in the Midwest" if half of the attractions rate below average.

• Like 2

I was lucky enough to be able to make it to Haunt both Friday and Saturday night. Friday night Blackout's line reached to the peak of about an hour. I loved it! I thought it was very creepy, and the uncertainty of where you were going made it even more exciting. Now on Saturday night I went again luckily my friend and I had Fright Lane, but I asked the worker and they said the stand-by line reached to about 3 hours. I was completely doubtful on this, luckily I had other friends there who did not have Fright Lane and I told them to tell me when they enter the line and when they get to the very front. It turned out the line was actually about 2 hours and 45 minutes. The line itself was not too long. It's just the capacity and how long it took the visitors to get through the maze. It made the line move extremely slow. 

Also I did notice, that the scare actors inside, did not do much to scare you. They simply just guided you in the right direction. It kind of disappointed me, I was expecting some real good scaring in there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What each haunted attraction is rated towards me:

Blackout: 0/5
Wolf Pack: 0/5
Cornstalkers: 0/5
Sorority House: 0/5
Board To Death: 0/5
KillMart: 0/5
Urgent Scare: 0/5
Slaughter House: 0/5
Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror: 0/5
Tombstone Terror-Tory: -1/5
CarnEVIL: 0/5

Note that I am in no way to trying to discredit the effort Kings Island puts into their haunted attractions but just that I don't typically find Boofest-type attractions to be that scary (but are fun to walk through).

Except for Tombstone Terror-Tory this year. This one really was lazily done when I walked through it last Friday. There were hardly ANY scareactors, the covered bridges had virtually nothing in them, and worst of all there is no train experience attached to it anymore either.
  • Like 5