Friday, July 2, 2004

PKICoasterFreek

Wow, what a day, I could not have asked for a better day at the park! The weather was extremely nice, a little bit on the warm side, but surely I can't complain. And it being a day before a h9oliday weekend, someone sure was looking out for us. I arrived at the park around noon after my drive from Indy. The park is empty...when I say empty, I mean there is little or no lines at all. There were very small lines even on TR:TR, DZ and Face/Off, which I found very nice, nothing like having a good selection of rides at your finger tips and no wait. biggrin.gif I had my girlfriend with me and she hadn't been on SoB or Delirium yet, so i was anxious to get her on those as soon as possible. We did the rides in this order.

Delirium: about a five minute wait. Great ride a little disorienting the first ride of the day, but great just the same. I really love this ride, it always seems pack a little punch everytime I ride it. My girlfriend she fell in love with this ride.

Son of Beast: 5 to 10 minute wait: I have always enjoyed this ride, but today I don't know exactly, but it really beat my up more then others, it was even worse then Beast, and Beast to me, has always been rough. Today though, even the smallest drop out of the station killed me. It was really rough. i have ridden it alot in the passed and this ride is still great, I'll give it another chance. My girlfriend got so beat up on it, she probably won't ride it again, we will just have to see about that...... I am guessing SoB is a little jealous of his fathers birthday, cuz today, he was raging mad. rolleyes.gif

Top Gun: Walked right on: my parents went on this one with us, my dad has been on every rde with me but my mom is still starting out, she isn't too much of a coaster fan. So, she decided to go on Top Gun with us, lets just say it was priceless listening to her scream. She was so afraid but releaved that she wanted to ride it a second time, sad, I know. So that was great, and for the second time, we didn't even have to leave out seat, just stayed on. biggrin.gif

Face/Off: 15 minutes( our longest wait of the day)From Top Gun my girlfriend and I went to Face/Off, this has always been one of my favorite ride at PKI, short and simple along with powerful and and a little disorientation. She and i rode with another couple we want to be inthe back car on the way out of the station, and we didn't want to wait for three or four trains to go so we just joined another couple, I sat going forward going through the station and she sat infront of me going backwards first. I had a maybe 25 yo gal next to me and her husband we sitting across from her, so it was pretty interesting and there sure were alot of four letter words flying from them tongue.gif Great Ride...like always.

Drop Zone: 13 minutes: >We normally wait for DZ for close to an hour on regular days...so we were extremely lucky. The line went a little slow because a guy got the belt stuck in the clip. But no worries. i have never really been much of a fan of this ride because it always scared me. rolleyes.gif but I ride it, nothing like falling nad having the breath being sucked out of you. I sure wish there was a way to make that sensation stop cuz that ride would be so much more enjoyable. dry.gif but oh well once again a great ride, and it is priceless to hear your girl scream her head off. tongue.gif Just joking guys.

We had lunch at Festhaus and walked over to BB, i hadn't been there before so things were pretty cool. Looks fun. We took the traim from BB to Rivertown and then headed for Beast

Beast: walk on: I was sorta "bummed" cuz I had heard that the documentary on The Beast is pretty interesting I would have liked to had seen it. Oh well, you just can't complain about the short lines. We rode it twice, and both times extremely smooth. I dunno Beast must have been happy cuz it was his "birthday" necause he didn't try to kill us all.

Sponge Bob: no wait: This is a really great ride and suprising not to many people know about it. Today was my first time riding it and it was great. Both the ride and the crew was doing a great job.

Racer and recaR: no wait: both great ride plenty of air like expected, just one more of PKI's classics!

We then walked back over to Beast and rode it again, this time I rode it with my Dad. After beast i wanted to ride Delirium once more so we made out way over there and took our last ride for the day. it was such a great day i couldn't have asked for better weather and the lines, man was I lucky!

The fireworks are ready onthe tower for tomorrow nights Nights of Fire, looks pretty cool guys!

-PKICoasterFreek