Parking Violation

Scottzzz

Last Sunday I witnessed the KI security writing tickets for parking in the Soak City what looks to be a drop off/pickup lane and idiots parking up front where it is clearly marked yellow.  People always park in that lane and this is the second time in years I have seen tickets being issued.

Does anyone know are these just warnings or do they have to pay a fine?  I briefly looked at the front of the ticket and it had the VIN#, plate #, and violation.  I did not pick it up to read the back.

On the way out someone wrote a personal note on one of cars which I can’t repeat.

• Like 5

The only time I saw anything done about what I call the "special snowflake" spots (the ones with yellow diagonal "don't park here idiot" markings, at the end of each row), they were just warnings that said if they did it again that season they'd be fined or towed (I asked the attendant leaving the tickets). I do wish they would police it a little better, because those spots on the ends are meant to be left open so people can see traffic and pedestrians when turning onto the main drag out of the lot.

• Like 10

Yep... I've crawled through the hatchback to the drivers seat on a couple of occasions during holidays weekends at the park .....lmao!

I dont understand why I've beem blocked in from both sides, but apparently they wanted a closer spot and got it.....

• Like 7

kiparking.jpg

Looks like a warning but not specifically a ticket. My guess is that if the vehicle were truly blocking the driving path causing a safety hazzard, it woild have been towed immediately rather than warned. It also appears that they keep a record for future references or cyob.

• Like 1

KI security can only issue a warning to parking offenders unless it poses a safety issue to other drivers in which the car is towed at the owners expense. If they see a consistent pattern from the same car on file then they will tow the car off property at the owners expense. I've have yet heard of this ever happening to someone.

• Like 2

I'm sure they only tow people as a last resort, as it's a big hassle to do that - especially since it could resort in someone not having an easy way to leave the park at the end of the day. I'm guessing KI police have the ability to write actual tickets, but I don't fully understand how privatized police forces like that work, so I'm not sure on that.

• Like 2

I know that the Muskingum University police were a bona-fide police force, with authority to arrest, issue citations, and all of the other police-like stuff.

Of course, they were a complicated matter because despite being a legitimate police force, they still had to answer to University administration. At the risk of saying something political, that was always a caveat that greatly restricted their usefulness. Of course, New Concord police still retained full authority to make arrests, issue citations, and the like on the Muskingum campus, so things had a way of working out.

Kings Island police are likely in a similar situation, having the legal powers of a police force, but still answering to the authority of KI/Cedar Fair administration. And in much the same way, there is still Mason Police, who would be unrestricted by park administration.

Everything in this post is speculation on my part, lest anything come off as my own knowledge. Basically, just providing an analogy to which I am familiar.

• Like 4

Yep... I've crawled through the hatchback to the drivers seat on a couple of occasions during holidays weekends at the park .....lmao!

I dont understand why I've beem blocked in from both sides, but apparently they wanted a closer spot and got it.....

This makes me glad to have a Subaru Outback hatchback.

• Like 2