Tropical Plunge - NEW for 2016!

Is this the exact same slide complex as Hurricane Heights at Kings Dominion's Soak City?

Yes. WoF, DP, KD, and possibly Carowinds 2016 all have this slide complex under various names and color schemes.

Additionally, it seems that KI is either running out of name ideas or is intentionally trying to cause confusion with "Tropical Plunge." Currently, the following attractions exist in Soak City and seem to overlap names:

Pineapple Pipeline - complex of 3 enclosed body slides

Pipeline Paradise - stationary wave bodyboarding

Paradise Plunge - 4 intertwined open air body slides

*2016* (Tropical Plunge)

Tropical Twister - 2 enclosed, braided body slides

• Like 4

Here's an easy way to avoid confusion: Just call all the other attractions by their old WaterWorks names (Bonsai Pipeline/Wipeout Beach/ Helix/Ultratwister)!  :P But seriously, I can understand confusion due to the similar-sounding names. Therefore, some of these slides could possibly be renamed to avoid confusion.

• Like 3

I just refer to the slides as "That one over there!" and point in the general direction. It gets the point across.

For me, the waterpark is a "once every few years" thing. I like it, but I need a group of people who also want to do it. I won't be a single rider (single slider?) in a waterpark. So, this addition is not really for me. That said, I'm really glad we got it. The waterpark really needed some attention, and it's good to see it finally get a major new attraction (first slide in over a decade, no?)

• Like 10

I believe 2004 was when it became Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay so.. yeah, looks like it.
Though it got a nice overhaul when it became, or around the time it became, Soak City..

I wish they wouldn't have blocked off the old walkway from Pineapple Pipeline to Zoom Flume though, made Pineapple Pipeline a dead-end destination when it didn't need to be. (From my opinion, anyways :P)

• Like 4

I wish they wouldn't have blocked off the old walkway from Pineapple Pipeline to Zoom Flume though, made Pineapple Pipeline a dead-end destination when it didn't need to be. (From my opinion, anyways :P)

Has there ever been a path directly connecting the two slides in the past? I've always remembered Pineapple Pipeline being at a dead-end.

-MDMC, just wonderin'

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to 2016 too! Before the announcement, KIC, Kings Island, and other sites were making it seem like The Racer was getting the axe and something was replacing it. Yes this isn't a roller-coaster, but hey I still Love it! I'm loving the adrenaline rush slides where the floor will drop below you. I'm going to have to try that next year for sure! As far as the parking lot goes, what's the big deal? It seems fine to me? I Love the new Toll booths planned for next year. The ones that are there now look outdated. All in all, I'm super excited for 2016! B)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

From Kings Island's Facebook page-

Construction of the new Tropical Plunge, a complex of six different water slide experiences towering nearly seven stories, is underway in Soak City Waterpark.‪#‎KI2016‬

12032201_10154225594418368_6465150661838

https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland/photos/a.226729858367.174830.155893938367/10154225594418368/?type=3&theater

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed that the same structure that is at Kings Dominion operates half of the slides under two different names.  The slides that drop the floor from underneath your feet is called Tropical Plunge.  The other three slides are known as Aqua Blast.  The entire structure is known as Hurricane Heights.

Will we see a similar naming strategy happen at Kings Island's Soak City?  Personally, I like this naming strategy, except for I think the one slide that has the 360 degree turns in it should be named separately from the other two dueling tube slides.  So that'd being the number of names to 3.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...