2016 Gold and Platinum Passes on sale 08/20

WindingSon

I'm currently debating whether to renew my pass at all for next season. I've been getting bored with Kings Island over the past couple of seasons, and while the new slides are indeed exciting, I honestly don't visit Soak City but once or twice a year, and the new toy isn't likely to significantly change that. I'm thinking I may save the money I would have spent on the pass and a dozen or more KI visits and put it toward my Universal trip, and maybe a trip or two to parks I've never been to, instead.

• Like 5

I'm still debating on Gold or platinum. More than likely I'll dump the season long food plan as the food is pretty much not to my liking. Not really any good healthy choices on the food plan that I like. Hanks is good, when it's good. That is few and far between. We are planing a vacation next year to either Cali or Florida. So I may save my meal plan money for that trip.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 5

These are some great renewal benefits; I'm especially excited about night ERT on Closing Day. A great way to close out the season.

Ooh! True night rides on closing day! :D

Daylight Saving Time ends the morning of Closing Day again this year. (It will be completely dark before regular operation ends, making ERT even better.)

• Like 7

I will be renewing mine, but with the price increase I am not sure I will get passes for the rest of the family. Seeing they have all the bring a friend days now for $14.95 it will be much less money no more than my wife an daughter go...plus with Kingdom passes still at 59.95...I might just keep there's there instead. I got us all passes to both parks this year. We will get our money's worth but  just barely...decisions. 

I vote for a pass. Going into this year my wife said she would go maybe 2 or 3 times. So I bought her a pass. It turned out better as since she had it every time someone suggested to go she went.

In total, she has gone about 6 or 7 times while I have been up there around 10 or 12....

As a hubby, I have found that spending a bit for the pass is 100% better than the "I told you to get a pass" conversation haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Looking at the season pass store:

• Passholders now have the option to upload or capture a pass photo when purchasing or renewing online.
  • Pass prices at Cedar Point are now exclusive of the (currently 4%) Sandusky admissions tax.
  • The online store now lets platinum passholders renew at a different park than the one that issued their pass.
  • Like 6

I'm pretty sure I will go Platinum for 2016.  I see Cedar Point, Kings Dominion and Carowinds on my horizon.

Pretty exicted I will be able to attend closing day.  First time ever attending opening day AND closing day! 

Last year, they had a last ride event for some clubs, I wonder if that will be the case again this year (after the 9pm ERT ends of course.)

• Like 4

Yes but understand you are already in the park, and all you need to do is flash your pass , the ride ops and security won't know the difference. I am guessing just a way of saying thank you to all Gold & Platinum season pass holders for a great 2015, and please renew for 2016.

• Like 1

Yes but understand you are already in the park, and all you need to do is flash your pass , the ride ops and security won't know the difference. I am guessing just a way of saying thank you to all Gold & Platinum season pass holders for a great 2015, and please renew for 2016.

There's a video on Youtube of closing day 2014.  Looked pretty cold...and not very busy at all.  My best guess is if you are die-hard enough to stay late closing day, nobody's really going to care.

• Like 3

Last year, they had a last ride event for some clubs, I wonder if that will be the case again this year (after the 9pm ERT ends of course.)

KI traditionally offers ACE members the final ride(s) of the night on The Beast, just after the line is cut. Check with them closer to the date to see what KI has planned this year.

ERT procedures probably won't be announced until the day of. Since they will be selling pass renewals that day (with ERT that night as a benefit), my guess is that they will strictly enforce the eligibility requirement. (Handstamp, wristbands, etc)

• Like 5