2016 Gold and Platinum Passes on sale 08/20

WindingSon

The online store now lets platinum passholders renew at a different park than the one that issued their pass.

Finally! It only took, what, nine years? :P

Pass prices at Cedar Point are now exclusive of the (currently 4%) Sandusky admissions tax.

Given that, and the other part I quoted, perhaps Cedar Point Platinum Pass holders should renew through the Kings Island online store to save 4%? :P

• Like 2

I Will be downgrading my pass to Gold for 2016. ( it really just depends on my schedule if I have time for platinum. ) Also I will be opting out of my season dining plan next year. I'm also heavily considering a season long drink cup.

• Like 1

Yes but understand you are already in the park, and all you need to do is flash your pass , the ride ops and security won't know the difference. I am guessing just a way of saying thank you to all Gold & Platinum season pass holders for a great 2015, and please renew for 2016.

There's a video on Youtube of closing day 2014. Looked pretty cold...and not very busy at all. My best guess is if you are die-hard enough to stay late closing day, nobody's really going to care.
Yes it was cold last year but soooo worth it. I was on one of the last The Beast trains before the ACE ERT to close down the park and I promised myself I will be among the last 2015 riders which I hope happens. You definitely did have to show you qualified for the ERT as I remember. I do know how sad I felt near the photo booth as I listened to him ascend the lift hill. I also know how shocked I was to see the photos of the deboarded trains the next day on social media!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone on here renewed their pass yet for 2016? Just curious if you can use that Sunday Fast Lane Plus Labor Day weekend.

I was wondering the same thing.  It just says from now through Nov. 1.  I don't see why not, but I'd like to know for sure.

• Like 2

I'll definitely be renewing Gold with the dining plan. I added it onto my pass and my oldest sons this year since my younger two don't eat much. Next year I'll definitely add three dining plans. I couldn't imagine not having the dining plan now. The food prices are redonk I bet I spent maybe $10 each time I went this summer so it was definitely worth the money for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The wife and I have decided not to renew our passes for next year. We are planning a vacation to Florida and decided to use the funds to visit other parks on that trip. I am getting my first Kentucky Kingdom pass though. I can't pass up on 59.99 that includes free drinks, parking and sunblock. I will make a trip to KI next year, just not sure when. But I will again buy a pass in 2017. But next year will be a time to explore other park and stay within my budget. ;)

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 5

It could be worse. Cedar Point's season pass is now $126...and that doesn't include perks that are included with the gold pass like ERT.

Do you think Kings Island will ever hit $126.00?

Ever? Ever is a very long time. Give inflation another ten to twenty years and, assuming that there is no change in ownership or season pass levels, I'm sure it eventually will.

• Like 3

So...I'm having issues with the site but I have to ask what's Platinum's renewal price gonna cost this time around? (Almost scared to even find out..)

Current price is $189, which is the same whether renewing or purchasing new. Renewal discounts aren't offered until prices go up in November, but at that point the renewal price will almost certainly be higher than the current sale price.

^With the way they kept raising I got to where I may just gonna let the Platinum die and buy a Gold Pass from Knotts. And keep paying for my SeaWorld pass.

If next summer is anything like this year was I probably won't have a lot of free time for KI anyway. (Only made 3 visits this year)

• Like 1

Platinum is currently $180 for renewed passes or $189 for new passes. For renewals, this is the same price as in the fall of 2014 and the fall of 2013.

These prices are certain to increase, perhaps substantially, after the fall sale ends. Dining plan prices will go up as well before the season begins.

• Like 3

It could be worse. Cedar Point's season pass is now $126...and that doesn't include perks that are included with the gold pass like ERT.

Do you think Kings Island will ever hit $126.00?

Ever? Ever is a very long time. Give inflation another ten to twenty years and, assuming that there is no change in ownership or season pass levels, I'm sure it eventually will.

Well, I mean, since 2013 all we've seen is the price go up.  Let's say the price goes up $5 every year.

2016 Season Pass:  $94.99

2017:  $99.99

2018:  $104.99

2019:  $109.99

2020:  $114.99

2021:  $119.99

2022:  $124.99

I'm sad. :(  That's only seven years from now.

• Like 1

Platinum is currently $180 for renewed passes or $189 for new passes. For renewals, this is the same price as in the fall of 2014 and the fall of 2013.

Ah, I didn't look that closely. I just brought up the season pass page and glanced at the price. I didn't open the store pop-up.