2016 Gold and Platinum Passes on sale 08/20

WindingSon

Does anyone know how they are doing the fast lanes. We are wanting to renew our gold passes but I'm unsure of what Sunday we will want to use our fast passes. Are they sending wristbands and you just choose a day or do you have to select the day when you purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removed as I do have a faulty memory. Nothing to see here.

First post here long time reader. I have a question for my friend. I convinced her to buy a 2015 gold pass at the beginning of the season. She hasn't had a chance to go yet (I'm her only ride there). By the time we finally go it will be Labor Day (we work together and never seem to get the same days off). I'm wondering since the 2016 passes are already on sale if guest services would be able to just process the pass as that instead because this technically would just be her one free 2015 visit anyways. What do you guys think? I know the website says no returns or refunds on passes (she doesn't want money back just to exchange it for 2016). Do you think its worth a shot to ask or will we just be embarrassing ourselves? Haha thanks!

You will need to do a rollover request. In 2016 you can pay $30 to roll it over into a 2016 pass , if you use the pass this year it will count as a 2015 season pass then you would have to pay 94.50 to renew for 2016 pass. If your going Labor Day weekend , just buy a BAF ticket for 19.99. You still come out better doing this than processing your pass for your one visit of 2015 and paying 94.50 for a 2016 renewal pass.

• Like 5

First post here long time reader. I have a question for my friend. I convinced her to buy a 2015 gold pass at the beginning of the season. She hasn't had a chance to go yet (I'm her only ride there). By the time we finally go it will be Labor Day (we work together and never seem to get the same days off). I'm wondering since the 2016 passes are already on sale if guest services would be able to just process the pass as that instead because this technically would just be her one free 2015 visit anyways. What do you guys think? I know the website says no returns or refunds on passes (she doesn't want money back just to exchange it for 2016). Do you think its worth a shot to ask or will we just be embarrassing ourselves? Haha thanks!

You will need to do a rollover request. In 2016 you can pay $30 to roll it over into a 2016 pass , if you use the pass this year it will count as a 2015 season pass then you would have to pay 94.50 to renew for 2016 pass. If your going Labor Day weekend , just buy a BAF ticket for 19.99. You still come out better doing this than processing your pass for your one visit of 2015 and paying 94.50 for a 2016 renewal pass.

Thanks so much! I'll let her know that

• Like 1

^^ (Obligatory note about the current USD/CAD exchange rate for those planning to visit a park way up north.)

Funny you should mention this.  We just came back from a trip that included a visit to Canada's Wonderland.  While there we saw the renewal posters for the $189 price and decided to go ahead and renew up there.  A couple of quick notes for anyone who decides to go this route:

1. I just got my credit card statement.  Two Platinum Pass renewals cost me $323 in US currency on my card, so it nets out to about $162 per pass with the exchange rate.  I actually thought it would be less, but there's an approximately 11% amusement tax added on.  Still, you're still better off to the tune of about $27 per pass as of the time of this writing.
  2. They didn't actually "renew" my pass.  Apparently their comnputer system cannot do renewals for other Cedar Fair passes, and as such they had to issue us brand new 2016 passes which we then had to process.  Because it is a "new" pass, you do NOT get the renewal benefits while at Canada's Wonderland (which is advertised as a free Fast Lane Plus band that you could use from now until the end of the season).  If you do not have a 2015 Platinum Pass, you CAN use the free one-time admission to enter the park in 2015.
  • Like 4

...and many USA credit cards will add a foreign transaction fee, typically 1 or 2 percent. A few will not.

The renewed but actually new pass is good for only one 2015 visit--use the old but not renewed pass at places like Kings Island until next year.

Last year Dorney THOUGHT they renewed my 2014 Platinum Pass. Just to be safe, they issued me a new plastic pass. Which, when I went to Kings Island later in 2014, didn't work yet. I can't say I was surprised.

Now, 2015, nearly a decade after the Paramount Parks acquisition, the Cedar Fair parks' computers STILL do not play well with each other.

I can't say I'm surprised.

To be safe, my 2015 Dorney Park Platinum Pass will be renewed. In person. At Dorney Park.

You see, I might want to go to Carowinds.

• Like 4

Does anybody know if the "Free visit in 2015" on new passes applies to any CF park, or just the park where the Platinum is purchased?

I'm going to be at Canada's Wonderland next month, so I was thinking about picking up next year's Platinum up there.

I want to visit KD in October (and I don't have a Platinum right now), so it would set up everything perfectly if I could use the free visit at KD.  (I figured I could get a cheap one-day CW ticket then upgrade to a Platinum at the park.  If it only works there, I'll just buy the Platinum prior to the CW visit and use the one visit.)

Oh - and on the whole CDN/USD converstion thing - keep in mind that the $189 at the US parks doesn't include tax, so your savings would have been a bit more (depending on the local park tax rate).

• Like 1

REGULAR SEASON PASS HOLDER TIME TO REJOYCE !  For $114.50 you can upgrade your current regular pass to a 2015 Gold Pass and use for the 2016 season.  This also means you get the benefits of a 2015 renewal of a free Fast Lane Plus to use during Sundays, ERT on Nov. 1st , Exclusive 2016 preview night and all the benefits of a 2015 Gold Pass.

• Like 2

Couple questions since this is our first year with season passes. If we renew before Nov. 1st and get fast passes, assuming those can be used on Sunday's during Septmeber/October, are all of the rides open every Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Platinum Pass renewals cost me $323 in US currency on my card, so it nets out to about $162 per pass with the exchange rate. I actually thought it would be less, but there's an approximately 11% amusement tax added on.

Just an FYI, Wonderland's admission tickets and passes are subject to Ontario's Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) which is 13%. You'll also pay that tax on merchandise bought in the park and most food.
  • Like 1

Ok, just a question about Season Pass renewal.  My wife and I always renew our season passes, but the last couple of years we've been lazy and haven't renewed them in time to receive all the perks.  This year, however, we're going to be on it!  So this is my question: If we renew our Gold Passes online, how do we receive the renewal perks offered (ie. Fastlane wristband, etc)?  Do we just go pick them up when we get to the park on a valid day or does it give you some kind of voucher to print?

Any info would be appreciated...thanks!!!

• Like 1

Last season, the free Fast Lane wristband was loaded onto the card if renewed at the park and printed as a voucher if renewed online. If offered as a voucher again this year, it would be attached to your pass renewal voucher(s), a link to which is e-mailed to you following your purchase.

If you don't have the e-mail or need to look up a past order, you can do this via KI's season pass store. From the store, open the "hamburger" menu (☰) and select Order Lookup.

• Like 2

Also note that the payment plan option is only available online.  If you renew at the park, it must be paid in full up front.(though you'd save the processing fee, FWIW)

Could you please tell me how much is the processing fee if renewing online?   I usually renew at the park and pay in full which I assume is the cheaper option.  Making payments is attractive but if it cost a lot more it is  probably not worth it since only renewing one pass.  Thought  I would ask though just in case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A question about the bring up to 4 friends for $14.95 benefit...

Do I have to bring all 4 friends one Sunday?

Or do I get 4 tickets to use whenever I choose (2 friends on one Sunday, 2 others another Sunday)?

Or can I bring up to 4 friends EVERY Sunday?

I originally read it as the last option, thinking we could take my family one weekend and my husband's family another weekend... but now I re-read it and think I may get only 4 tickets total (per pass).

If it is just 4 tickets total per pass, are there other "bring a friend" deals we can use if everyone takes me up on our offer?  I've seen some mention $19.99 bring a friend days.

• Like 1

I'm talking about the $14.99 bring-a-friend for the rest of this season, not next season.  Here is how it is worded:

Renewing passholders can take advantage of bringing up to 4 (four) friends to the park any Sunday during the Fall for $14.99 a ticket - a savings of $47 off the front gate. 
9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/1

If I renew now, I'm not sure if this means I get 4 tickets to use one of these Sundays as I want or I have to pick a Sunday to use them all or I can bring up to 4 people every Sunday.

It's my understanding that passholders who have renewed can bring up to 4 friends every Sunday for the remainder of the season. (i.e. you can do it on more than one Sunday) Current passholders who have not renewed can also bring friends, albeit at a slightly less discounted price. You might want to call the park for confirmation that the $14.99 price is valid on multiple Sundays: 513-754-5700.

• Like 3