2016 Gold and Platinum Passes on sale 08/20

WindingSon

I called.  The woman I spoke with didn't know about the renewal benefit for discounted bring-a-friend tickets.  I read her what it says online.  She put me on hold for a while and came back and said that yes, if you renew, you can bring up to 4 friends on Sundays 9/27 - 11/1 for $14.99 each.  She said you can bring up to 4 friends every Sunday for that price.  If you're a current passholder and do not renew, you can also bring up to 4 friends every Sunday 9/27 - 11/1, but the price is $24.99.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

As of October 2, the price for 2016 platinum all-season dining has increased from $99+tax to $108+tax. As I found out when renewing my pass tonight; the guest services associate spent a few minutes trying to figure out why the total was higher than she expected.

Not that I really can complain about price; I will have had ~35 meal redemptions at 4 parks by the end of the 2015 season.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

As of October 2, the price for 2016 platinum all-season dining has increased from $99+tax to $108+tax. As I found out when renewing my pass tonight; the guest services associate spent a few minutes trying to figure out why the total was higher than she expected.

Not that I really can complain about price; I will have had ~35 meal redemptions at 4 parks by the end of the 2015 season.

I actually tracked how often I went to the park in the 2015 season with the meal plan, so I could count up my total cost per meal by the end of the year to see if it was worth the money.

Granted I live very close to the park, less than a 5 minute drive without traffic, so at least once a week, I would pop over for dinner and leave.

If I remember correctly, when I ordered the meal pass it was something like 87 bucks. From that 87 dollars I got 49 meals out of it, so I essentially paid $1.75 per meal. Even counting the cost of my pass into it (~$97 I think), I still ended up paying 3.75 a meal. Plus if I think of it as a 184 dollars of pre-paid food, all the rides really are free!

I already signed up for next year's meal plan. Even if the food does suck, it is hard to beat that price scale.

• Like 4