New for 2016 at Canada's Wonderland: SkyHawk and Flying Eagles

Vaughan, ON (August 20, 2015) – Canada’s Wonderland is taking guests to new heights for 2016 with the addition of two new rides that will capture the imagination of both families, and thrill-seekers, as they take flight in an interactive flying experience.

Skyhawk, the first ride of its kind in North America, will take riders to a new level of adventure when the park opens for its 35th season in 2016. Riders will take control of their own cockpit, showcasing their flying abilities as they maneuver through 360 degree turns, and challenge themselves to engage in multiple inversions at 135 feet (41m) in the air.

Flying Eagles will thrill little pilots and quickly become a family favourite for parents and children alike. These two-person planes will glide 28 feet (8.5m) above the ground and allow each rider to control their flight and ride experience. 

“We are always looking to enhance the guest experience with new and exciting attractions. With the introduction of Skyhawk and Flying Eagles, thrill-seekers of all ages will enjoy the flying sensation on these interactive rides that are truly unique to our Park.” Norm Pirtovshek, General Manager, Canada’s Wonderland.

Skyhawk%20Logo_250(1).png CW%20flying%20eagles_logo_250.png

To coincide with the new ride announcement, Canada’s Wonderland will simultaneously launch a limited time offer on 2016 Season Passes that are priced at only $67.99. Each pass will include a free visit for new Passholders or a free Fast Lane PLUS for renewing Passholders – both valid for the remainder of the 2015 season.

Uk19E3L.jpg

• Like 10

Yeah, this could very well be foreshadowing KI's 2017 addition. I could see one of these flyers in Coney Mall. Now, I'm not sure if they'd put a flying ride where you control your own car on the same spot that someone died on a flying ride where you control your own car or not, but that would be a good location. 

• Like 4

This would make a great addition in the next couple years for X-Base, would fit right in with the theme of the area.

Also wish I were closer to Canada's Wonderland. Haven't made it to the park yet but looks like a great one and that season pass deal is amazing.

• Like 1

Wow that season pass price is awesome! I wish that we were offered that.. That's about $52 american.

That price does not include season parking.

Interesting, I would have thought that it would as a former Paramount Park. It seems about even in that case.

I need to see what that Skyhawk ride does. Anytime there's a brand new type of ride it's exciting!

I can't find any info about it as far as manufacturer, videos, etc. I know it's new to the U.S. but is it in any overseas parks?

I could be wrong, but I think it's from Gerstlauer. There is one at Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America.

The Gerstlauer Polyp is an excellent flat. It is one of the most fun ones I've been on. I rode one at Freestyle Music Park. Until now, I thought is was a Huss Rodeo, (Breakdance). At least there is hope we could get one now given that it isn't a Huss.

Edit: I was wrong that I was wrong; it was a Huss Rodeo afterall.

I need to see what that Skyhawk ride does. Anytime there's a brand new type of ride it's exciting!

I can't find any info about it as far as manufacturer, videos, etc. I know it's new to the U.S. but is it in any overseas parks?

I could be wrong, but I think it's from Gerstlauer. There is one at Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America.

Similar, but different... The one at Mall of America is a Sky Fly, where everyone is on the same end of the single arm... This is a Sky Roller, multiple arms spaced out evenly... There's one at Bakken in Denmark the 2nd one is at Belantis in Germany...

When was the last time that Cedar Fair made any sort of deal with Gerstlaur? I wonder if more Gerstlaur brand rides start showing up at CF parks. Who knows, Eurofighters could be coming to a park near you!

When refurbishing the Son of Beast after the 2006 incident, they invested in Gerstlaur trains I believe to replace the ones from Premier Rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was the last time that Cedar Fair made any sort of deal with Gerstlaur? I wonder if more Gerstlaur brand rides start showing up at CF parks. Who knows, Eurofighters could be coming to a park near you!

When refurbishing the Son of Beast after the 2006 incident, they invested in Gerstlaur trains I believe to replace the ones from Premier Rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, those trains were from the Myrtle Beach Pavillion Hurricane.
  • Like 1

For far too long, regular sized flats were forgotten at former Paramount and CF parks. Ownership dismissed flats and went towards more expensive and more issues prone "giant flats. It's great to see manufacturers so pumping out new rides.

It's awesome that we'll probably see an influx of newer flats like this, as well as the classics that they are currently hunting at the parks. Mr. Ouimet gets it, he really does.

• Like 7

Wow- Skyhawk looks like a even crazier version of Flight Commander. And I can't believe Canada's Wonderland- a park that was already known for its great flat ride lineup- didn't already have a set of Flying Scooters. Well, consider that fixed. :P So an already-strong flat ride lineup gets even stronger in 2016...also I agree with Troy that a Skyhawk-like ride would work great in X-Base (along with said bathroom).

I have liked the Cedar Fair announcements for 2016 so far. No huge coasters or anything yet (save whatever Cedar Point has planned- really looking like a Dive Machine there), but parks do need their waterslides and flat rides as well and those are what CF seems to be dishing out for the most part this year.

• Like 5

For far too long, regular sized flats were forgotten at former Paramount and CF parks. Ownership dismissed flats and went towards more expensive and more issues prone "giant flats. It's great to see manufacturers so pumping out new rides.

It's awesome that we'll probably see an influx of newer flats like this, as well as the classics that they are currently hunting at the parks. Mr. Ouimet gets it, he really does.

Lol, calling their Shockwave issue prone is an understatement...

• Like 1