KI killed the 80s store!

TrinDawg41

WHY???!!!!!!! I know they had to make room for the new Starbucks but the new location is so tiny compared to the old location!! And less merchandise in there. They don't have half the cool retro t-shirts that they used to have. I'm really disappointed. I loved that store and looked foraward to browsing every time I came down here. SMH. Oh well.

• Like 1

If my senses are to be trusted, I'd probably start getting ready for Friends, Seinfeld and Buffy the Vampire Slayer shirts; Boys II Men, Third-Eye Blind, Shania Twain and Nirvana music; Pogs, Tamagotchi  and Furbys; and a Mortal Kombat machine, because the bulldozer of time is quickly pushing into a new generation of nostalgia.

Disclaimer: I'm just a fan. I haven't heard anything; I just have a feeling, that's all.

• Like 10

90s was an awesome decade!  I was born in 1980, so technically I'm an 80s kid, but the 90s is really the decade I remember completely.  I've got lots of great memories from the 90s and I could definitely see that working into a pretty neat store too.

• Like 3

The 90s were my college years, so there are a lot of memories from both decades for me.  I wonder what the, um... zeroes? ...aughts? ...Two-thousands? I'm having trouble coming up with a defining set of cultural icons for that era. Maybe 'Hannah Montana, Spongebob, Eminem, Destiny's Child, Baby G Swatches, MySpace? Yeah, but a 90's store would quite nicely rock.

• Like 2

Buzzfeed already has 2000's nostalgia posts. :P

I was born riiiight at the end of 89. The 90s were my kid years, and the 2000's were my teen years, though in my teen years I was really disconnected from trends and such, I was off in my own little world and didn't care what was popular. I just liked what I liked. About 90 percent of what I wore as a teen was secondhand Roxy clothes and shell necklaces.

The 90's were the years of the flared jeans and tye dye comeback, tattoo chokers, mood rings, hair beads, butterfly clips... Good times. :P

Edit: OMG Crash Bandicoot 2!!! My very first Playstation game. I replayed that all the way through recently. SOOO much fun!

And of course who didn't love Pokémon? (Not ashamed to admit I still play it as an adult.)

• Like 4

Why not have a larger "Decades" store that has items from every decade since KI came into existence? Many items today have outlived every decade.....Slinkys, Whammo balls, and Twister games. Plus it would be cool to reminisce and show all you whippersnappers how us old guys enjoyed our youth!

• Like 13

Oh, yes! I miss the days of running a barrel hoop along with a stick! :P

Hey, this generation needs to discover the joys of the buzzing, electric football game! (Spending hours on rainy November days, positioning little punch-out players on plastic footers, only to switch on the game and watch both lines run in opposite, diagonal directions! Most fun I had until Tecmo Bowl!)

• Like 10

(In response to Steph88's post about the 90's, specifically Pokemon)

What generation are you on? I'm up to third gen (I have Sapphire) + Blue snd Gold from the Game Boy/Game Boy color days. And Crash 2 is the only game from that series that I've 100%-ed.

• Like 3

Why not have a larger "Decades" store that has items from every decade since KI came into existence? Many items today have outlived every decade.....Slinkys, Whammo balls, and Twister games. Plus it would be cool to reminisce and show all you whippersnappers how us old guys enjoyed our youth!

ORRRR.....how about this idea....why not have a sit down restaurant in the park and call it Decades with items from every era....fads, clothing, toys and Kings Island memorabilia on display from 72 to present? You could even have servers dressed in each era's clothing and sell popular food items from each era!

• Like 9

(In response to Steph88's post about the 90's, specifically Pokemon)

What generation are you on? I'm up to third gen (I have Sapphire) + Blue snd Gold from the Game Boy/Game Boy color days. And Crash 2 is the only game from that series that I've 100%-ed.

Right now I'm in the middle of two games, depending on my mood. Pokémon Black and Pokémon Diamond. I've beaten all the gym leaders and the league, but I pick them up again once in a while to do all the other stuff in the game.

Before those, the last ones I'd played were Silver and Crystal. Pretty sure I missed a lot of stuff in between.

Edit to add: LOVE that idea! Kind of like a nostalgic Cracker Barrel!

• Like 4

And the aroma would so richly fill the air about them! One could almost taste the oregano!  Mmmmm...      

:angry: Dang it, where'd I put that blasted flux capacitor!?

...so I .... can go back.... in .... time... and .... eat... the .... oh, you get it.

• Like 6

ORRRR.....how about this idea....why not have a sit down restaurant in the park and call it Decades with items from every era....fads, clothing, toys and Kings Island memorabilia on display from 72 to present? You could even have servers dressed in each era's clothing and sell popular food items from each era!

I see your restaurant and raise you this idea: how about a whole hotel resort based on the decades?  You could have different buildings for each decade and put giant icons out in front of each one: giant foosball outside the 70's, giant Rubik's Cubes outside the 80's and so on.  And we could even go back and start with the the 50's and put a bowling alley themed pool in front of that building, and a few other pools to match some other decades.

Wait... I've just been told that another park down south has already done this.  Never mind...

-Gator, a fan of WDW's Pop Century Resort, where we will hopefully be staying for a few days next summer, unless we decide to try Art of Animation.

• Like 3