KI killed the 80s store!

TrinDawg41

Why not have a larger "Decades" store that has items from every decade since KI came into existence? Many items today have outlived every decade.....Slinkys, Whammo balls, and Twister games. Plus it would be cool to reminisce and show all you whippersnappers how us old guys enjoyed our youth!

ORRRR.....how about this idea....why not have a sit down restaurant in the park and call it Decades with items from every era....fads, clothing, toys and Kings Island memorabilia on display from 72 to present? You could even have servers dressed in each era's clothing and sell popular food items from each era!

I see your restaurant and raise you this idea: how about a whole hotel resort based on the decades?  You could have different buildings for each decade and put giant icons out in front of each one: giant foosball outside the 70's, giant Rubik's Cubes outside the 80's and so on.  And we could even go back and start with the the 50's and put a bowling alley themed pool in front of that building, and a few other pools to match some other decades.

Wait... I've just been told that another park down south has already done this.  Never mind...

-Gator, a fan of WDW's Pop Century Resort, where we will hopefully be staying for a few days next summer, unless we decide to try Art of Animation.

AOA is highly recommended.  The extra room (and full bath!) is nice, the cafeteria is monstrous and the theming is first-rate.  If you can obtain a suite there for not much more than a standard room at Pop, I'd jump on it. The Nemo suites are closest to the main building.

• Like 2