Gravitron at Keansburg Park catches fire

I do remember that the "Bangles" had the hit song, "Walk Like an Egyptian,"  based on walking in a fashion like the hieroglyphics of ancient Egypt, and riders would configure their limbs in poses reminiscent thereof as the effects of the ride took hold. That was a fun aspect of an otherwise dizzying experience.

• Like 4

I rode one of these once. So far, in all my rides taken since 2009, it was the only ride to ever make me feel sick. And I rode Holiday World's Round-Up, which on paper I THOUGHT would do the same since it also spins with high G-Forces...but that didn't make me sick at all somehow (and I enjoyed that ride). So it has to be something about these UFO-type rides specifically that caused the nausea.

• Like 2

I thought so, too. And started to post that. But I watched some POV's, to find that area empty and the ride op cutting shines (like push-ups) in the ride area.

I looked at POVS, and wondered, "So when does the ride start?" When it was already going, as I expected to see the illusion of the RO spin as the ride spun around him. Nope. He was riding right along with him. People are sliding up the walls and posing, but from inside the ride, it looked as if it were still.

• Like 2

I rode it when I went during the second day of the Indiana State Fair. I thought it would be just pressing against you, but when I first felt the sliding boards going up, I freaked out and thought that the ride was breaking (I have a fear of carnival/portable rides). I remained calm, and quickly realized it was supposed to. I thought it was fun afterwards.

• Like 2