Lagoon Mini-Documentary

I know Terp and I have been to Lagoon and know at least how it used to be. Lagoon used to be my home park. 

You want a park that has changed where it should, but knows where it shouldn't, that's Lagoon. It's essentially the same park it's always been, but also isn't afraid to change with the times. I think this documentary captures it perfectly:

• Like 8

What da...HOW DID I NOT KNOW WHAT THIS PARK EVEN WAS!?!? (I knew what Cannibal was but didn't bother checking out the rest of the park) TEN roller coasters (a mix of old & new- and nearly all look awesome to me based on the POV's I looked up), a great flat ride lineup, a huge kids area, they don't cut down trees, and you can even bring your own food!?!?

Ugh. Why must it be in Utah, hundreds of miles away. I can only hope to some day be able to visit this awesome looking park... and hopefully no one ruins it before I can show up.

• Like 7

The HD video quality is absolutely stunning! A swing scrambler, are you kidding me?! I drove by this park in 1993 when my mother lived in Ogden, but didn't visit it. It was amazing to see an amusement park's rides against the backdrop of mountains, though.

This is the third amusement park I've read or seen videos about that has had a huge fire in its history. Is that a thing with a lot of these old parks?

Thought I'd share something. I have a photo from one of my very first ever roller coaster rides. I consider myself lucky in that respect. 

And it's from Colossus "The Fire Dragon". Taken in the early 90s.

The cover:

tumblr_inline_nu0p3mAo201tzl2yj_400.jpg

The inside. I'm in the middle left. My dad is next to me. The camera wasn't the best.

tumblr_inline_nu0p65RbB81tzl2yj_1280.jpg

They no longer offer photos on this coaster anymore. But it's an amazing ride, and I'm happy that it was my first "big kid" coaster.

Coasterllectables post

• Like 4