Frisch's Big Boy: What Up?

The restaurant needs something... We are a family of three, two adults under 30 and a 2 year old, and Frisch's is no where in our meal conversations.

Older restaurants, subpar staffing, and mediocre food is not what the company needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I haven't any problems with Frisch's as is and I enjoy their breakfast and a Big Boy every now and then, plus their hot fudge cake is out of this world, but I agree they could use more variety on the menu.  I am happy they are looking at switching back to Coke though.  They offer flavored soft drinks, and they taste way too sweet with Pepsi products.  

• Like 5

And still better than anything at Kings Island except Reds Hall of Fame Grill.

Hahaha untrue!  The meal plan sometimes makes our decision to head to the park to get a bite to eat and hang at the park...

I haven't any problems with Frisch's as is and I enjoy their breakfast and a Big Boy every now and then, plus their hot fudge cake is out of this world, but I agree they could use more variety on the menu.  I am happy they are looking at switching back to Coke though.  They offer flavored soft drinks, and they taste way too sweet with Pepsi products.  

Agreed.. dont take what I said as problems, just that the food doesnt make us say "oh you know what sounds great, a Big Boy..."

• Like 1

My wife and I go there maybe 2-3 times a year.  Though I do enjoy a Big Boy, I just cannot handle a hamburger drenched in tarter sauce on a regular basis.  It's only something I can do once, maybe twice a year at best.  However, I do enjoy their salad bar on occasion.  All the soup, salad, and fruit you can eat is pretty awesome when I'm in the mood for something like that.  Most of the time though, we're not really in the mood for most of what they offer on their menu.  Hopefully they'll be able to change that.

Last time we went to Frisch's as a family of three, our bill was $34. Went to Wunderbar in Covington a couple weeks ago. Each adult had a beer, my daughter had a burger, and my husband and I each had a homemade sausage with a side. $36. Much, much better value!

Bingo.  The value is just not there, even if the food was good.  Would rather go to Quaker Steak and Lube, BW3, or Acapulco.  Way better food, way better service, I can have a beer, and cost is the same.

• Like 1

Fish Sandwich and 7 minute fries are a staple of Lent.  The one near my offices gets slammed on Friday's during Lent.  Love the "crunchy" ice, wish they had Coke back.  Hot fudge cake is great as well.  Used to love the wrap things they came out with a while back, but then they changed something in how they made them and they're not quite as good.

other than that, I agree that the cost is a shade too high and most of the other offerings are pretty bland.  Its biggest problem is that its a bit too pricey and slow to compete on the fast food side of things, and its not good enough quality across the board to compete as a traditional "sit down" restaurant.   In the end, that leaves customers choosing the cheaper, quicker alternatives for fast food, or the better, more consistent alternatives for a sit down dinner. Its very difficult to be all things to all people, its why McDonald's could never get the pizza to work at their main stores and ended up selling Donato's back to the guy they purchased it from.  Seems they learned their lesson when they took interest in Chipotle and allowed it to focus on a simple, core menu separate from the McDonald's stores before spinning the company back off.

• Like 2

Last time I went to Frisch's the tiny hamburger didn't even reach to any side of the bun, the burger was put together sloppily, and that was enough.

Agree that the price doesn't justify going there, especially if they are going to be so skimpy.

The Big Boys I went to as kid had the car side service. That was one of the special things about Frisch's.

Burger King and DQ also used the quarter sized burger ploy. They, too, are off my list.

Don't play customers for fools, and maybe you'll get repeat business, yah?

We go to Steak and Shake now.

• Like 4

The only things I find worth ordering at Frisch's are the open faced roast beef and mashed potatoes, the chili and spaghetti, the #1 breakfast combo, and the hot fudge cake. I can't even remember the last time I ordered something other than one of those four items at a Frisch's.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...