Apex Parks Group adds Indiana Beach to their portfolio

I was just curious if it was that ugly, ugly situation that's turning you off or operation of the park after Will was also a factor.

I understand your sentiment absolutely. Pat has gotten the worst of this sadly. Will would be absolutely appalled if he were here to see this. Family business can be a wonderful, unitive thing, but when they go wrong they can destroy what is truly important.

• Like 9

Could WISH have gotten a worse photo for their story?

http://wishtv.com/2015/09/03/indiana-beach-amusement-park-bought-by-california-company/

Plus they reported it 2 days after I reported it here. That is slow reporting for an all news station!

It's not even their photo. It says "WLFI Photo" underneath it. WLFI is the CBS affiliate out of West Lafayette, Indiana. Apparently it was easier to borrow a photo from a closer station than to search the web for better photos.

WISH and WLFI are owned by the same company, so that explains the photo reuse.

• Like 1

Back to Indiana Beach

It is rumored that that new wave pool that was to be put in for 2015 is indefinitely on hold even though still on their website. http://indianabeach.com/pages/media_room

I am hearing existing park improvements is the main focus right now.

Last weekend of the season. Bring a Coke product get a Buy One Get one Fun Day Pass!

• Like 6

Hopefully this will be a good change for the park. I have yet to make it up there, but it sounds like a neat place to visit. Maybe I'll find time to make it up there next year (though I'm still planning on doing Holiwood Nights and CP again next year so who knows).

I think you would enjoy Cornball Express. One of my favorite woodies!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Giant Wheel renovations have begun. It will be dismantled and shipped to Wichita, Kansas where Chance Rides will do the refurbishment. It will take approximately 4 months for the renovations. Here's some trivia: It was erected in 1989, has 20 gondolas and stands over 90 feet tall. Be sure to keep checking our page for other projects to be announced at a later date. It's going to be an exciting 2016 season.

Pics and original text here:   https://www.facebook.com/IndianaBeachAmusementPark/?fref=ts

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

For those who do not follow the Facebook page, Tig'rr is getting a new paint job with the colors of Black and Yellow. I am interested to see how they repaint the trains! The ferry boats that go from the campground to IB have been repainted a nice blue color! They also showed them cleaning up the Shaffer Queen. Hopefully we see a return of LCoSM.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Park hours have been added to the IB website, although it is not clear to me what the waterpark hours will be?

http://www.indianabeach.com/hours/2016/05

Also, on Facebook trash cans were repainted. They showed some of the sky ride chairs that are now red and were painting the others different colors for a total of 4 different chair colors.

• Like 5

They are really improving the park! I don't know about you guys but to me the little things like freshly painted trash cans and well groomed rides and paths are huge in creating a family friendly and fun environment. I had a blast the last time I went to IB and the park improvements they are implementing are making me want to visit again this summer! 

• Like 7