Apex Parks Group adds Indiana Beach to their portfolio

I'm quite excited for this! I got my first visit ever last year and loved the park. Although it seemed a bit dilapidated it was alright. I'm looking forward to see what APEX is going to do for this park. They've posted a handful of updates on Facebook of off season maintenance and I'm loving what I'm seeing. 

• Like 3

IB gets some press from Indy news channel. More to the story than what is quoted at: http://fox59.com/2016/02/18/long-time-state-attraction-ready-for-its-90th-summer-season/

MONTICELLO, Ind. (February 18, 2016) — One of the state’s longtime tourist attractions is getting ready for its 90th season with a refurbishment of their facilities that they hope will appeal to first time visitors and long time returnees.

Indiana Beach Amusement Resort, located on Lake Shafer in Monticello, will open their gates for their 90th season in late May and visitors will find an amusement park that has undergone a refurbishment from its rides to its campgrounds and everything in between.

• Like 4

Someone posted on the IB History page on Facebook that they spoke to an IB rep at the boat, sport, and travel show and they they have repainted the Grand Carousel and now has music! Take the source for what it is, but with all the other changes I could see that as well.

• Like 3

Im excited for the ride, and actually this brings up a good subject that I was discussing on Face when people were whining and crying about how "ugly" an RMC is.  Here's the deal, Im a street/drag racer, and I know of some pretty butt-ugly cars that run low 8s or faster in the 1/4 mile that would make many "Ride Warriors" have to change their pants after a ride in it.  You hang art on a wall, you ride a roller coaster for the release and to see how quickly it can raise your heart rate to 180+.  Not bagging on you, Chris, as I agree the fresh paint looks good, but things like that are absolutely far from what makes me excited about a ride.  :)

• Like 4

I got ya! 

My post was not only to you but to others, as this park has not seen some TLC in quite some time and I'm excited to see the updates of the park! Cannot wait to see how you enjoy your visit when you go. 

I am the same way, paint doesn't generally make me excited about a ride. I love this little coaster though! 

• Like 6

Seems they are accomplishing what they intended. A re-branded, repainted, resurrected gem.  And it is a gem, IMO.

The way they use the limited space they have is unlike any other park I've seen. No room for a coaster? Sure there is, just build the station 25 feet or so over the midway!  Tig'rr literally runs on top of the Dog-n-Suds restaurant. Corn Ball Express, and Hoosier Hurricane  share some supports.

A unique park, to say the least. I would've recommended it to anyone before. With what Apex has invested, I can't imagine not going if you have the opportunity.    

• Like 9

I am anxious to see what type of marketing they do for the park this year to try and get the crowds back. Obviously they have already gotten some press, but with the investment they made in the park this off-season, I would think they would market the park quite heavily to hopefully make quick work of their ROI.

• Like 3

MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — Crews are working to bring the sparkle back to what was once the centerpiece of Monticello.

“We want to really polish up the jewel that we have here on the shores of Lake Shafer,” said Indiana Beach marketing director Don Hurd.

The polishing began in September, after California-based Apex Parks Group bought Indiana Beach.

Since then, millions of dollars have been poured into restoring the nearly 90-year-old theme park. White County Commissioner President John Heimlich said the work has been more than cosmetic.

“The reputation had suffered here of late,” said Heimlich. “Especially, the reputation with the local community.”

Hurd said Apex was prepared for the challenge. Whether it’s painting or repairs, he said once crews are finished, the park will be restored to its former glory.

“We want the park to be something that people are proud of,” said Hurd.

More in the article:

http://wlfi.com/2016/03/03/new-owners-new-opportunities-for-indiana-beach/

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Good to see Apex taking time to improve the park so much. I'm still hoping to find time for a day trip or so this summer. Since it's only 3 1/2 hours away I could go out there on my day off then travel back home the next day.

It's more than worth it. 

Even though it wasn't at it's best last year, I absolutely fell in love with the park.

• Like 3

I like the new slogan, I don't think there is a question that IB needs re-branded. Although, I don't think the new slogan will be as catchy as IB Crow saying, "There is more than corn in Indiana." I was never a fan of the name Cornball Express for a coaster, but after a few years grew on me. 

On another note IB is back to using its full name on Twitter. https://twitter.com/IndianaBeach   Instead of IBCrow:  https://twitter.com/IBCrow

#IndianaBeach

They posted a pic of the carp ready for visitors!

AtSPxoaCEAAPXBE.jpg

• Like 3