Apex Parks Group adds Indiana Beach to their portfolio

What kind of ride is Falling Star?

I have never visited Indiana Beach.  I would love to make it out there soon.  Brad, what recommendations do you have for first time visitors?  I would like to say that I will make it out there next year, but with a new born on the way, most of my visits to amusement parks will be to KI and working at Coney in 2017.

• Like 1

Chase flat ride. Platform drop ride. Very fun

IB is a small park. I don't have to much of a recommendation except doing Dodgems, they are an old set and they are fast. If you see LCoSM running get in line and ride it. It has a lot of down time. The water swings are a must!

• Like 3

My best recommendation for someone going to IB is to just enjoy it for what it is. It has it's own feel compared to Kings Island or any other major park. 

Check out the Shaffer Queen (sp?), ride as many rides as possible and just enjoy the atmosphere! 

There are so many interesting little things about the park it's hard to describe. 

• Like 3

My best recommendation for someone going to IB is to just enjoy it for what it is. It has it's own feel compared to Kings Island or any other major park. 

Check out the Shaffer Queen (sp?), ride as many rides as possible and just enjoy the atmosphere! 

There are so many interesting little things about the park it's hard to describe. 

I tried to ride the Shafer Queen and despite a valiant effort to take a trip, was unsuccessful. Thank you Mother Nature!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brad, as a fan of the parkI know you wont want to hear this, but I also know that you understand business logic enough to realize what Im about to say is true.  They will have an interim CEO at Indiana Beach for 2017 while maintaining the park just enough to keep it legal, so they can concentrate on promoting an existing Corporate Executive to CFO of Apex, or recruiting and hiring someone from the outside.  This will allow them to shop the park while its in operation next year, and since I very honestly dont see any other big player being in a position or having the desire to overtake that park in that location, I am laying odds that 2017 will be it.  Now, this is one of the times I actually hope my logic is flawed and I am incorrect, but the parks uphill battle has become more of a mountain climb with nothing but a pair of tennis shoes.

• Like 1

Believe me, Brother, thats the very first group I thought of when thinking about potential buyers who could/would actually properly operate a park of this size in the area its in.  As it is now, again agreeing with you, IF Pat and Dan (and ONLY Pat and Dan) expressed interest I would show nothing but total and 100% support towards that move..... IF they also hired Don Hurd as their Director of PR.  Other than those two people, I cant think of a person/Corporation/Investment Group Id support with the exception of MAYBE Herschend, but I truthfully dont see them wanting it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

There was a rumor that Apex has had sold IB. So an IB enthusiast posted on their page. Here is their response:

Apex has not sold Indiana Beach. Our purpose in acquiring parks is to invest in them and see them thrive. Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort is a large, 370-acre property and was neglected for over 7 years. 2016 was our first season with this park, and although we accomplished a lot this year, there is so much more we have yet to do both in the park and the accommodations. Apex is dedicated to Indiana Beach and the Monticello community. We are continuing to invest in the park's existing infrastructure and charm, and we want nothing more than to see Indiana Beach succeed.

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaBeachAmusementPark/posts/10154352295162199

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Glad Apex hasn't dropped the park. Haven't made the trip in a few seasons, but IB is another great Indiana park...Nice atmosphere, especially with alot of the attractions placed over water, and it never feels busy so you can relax and spend the day however you want. Not to mention some great coasters like Cornball and Steel Hawg. I'll have to try and make it back there this season....just not sure if the pass will be worth it if admission is cheaper (single day prices not up yet)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Indiana Beach ends the longest running Ski Show...

Dear Indiana Beach Fans,

It is true that you will no longer be able to watch the ski/dive show at Indiana Beach in 2017. The ski show is one of this park's longest standing traditions, so trust us when we say that this was not an easy decision.

Fireworks are not going away. We are going back to the same schedule the Spackmans had when they owned the park – we will have three larger, more significant fireworks displays for Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day. Our hope is to make these shows more special and meaningful.

The rumor regarding the Shafer Queen going away is completely false. We will continue to host cruises along Lake Shafer on our classic river boat for free or for a nominal fee depending on the length of the cruise.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154515613512199&id=337613147198

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

That is sad news for guests who don't ride. In other news there is a 2 million investment for this season. This includes track work for the coasters! 

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_herald_journal/indiana-beach-resort-undergoing-renovations-in-lead-up-to-st/article_6280b4d4-24a4-11e7-a194-8fdb74c0802c.html 

These projects will include a new deck, new lighting package, fresh paint and a sticker package for the Scrambler ride at the park, which will come at a cost of $36,000.

One of the biggest projects this year is working on all of the wood coasters at the park, Cooper said. Currently, the park has three that they are doing extensive work on: the Cornball Express, the Hoosier Hurricane and the Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain.

“All three of the coasters are going through major infrastructure work,” Cooper said. “

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For all you that make trips to IB each year... Announced yesterday from the Taco Shop owner Greg. This will be the last Season for the Taco Shop at IB. They will close at the end of the season. They are actually delivering to the South parking lot on Tuesdays (so you do not have to pay to get in the park) off of their Facebook page but last Tuesday, they had to postpone some orders to Weds due to high demand. No word if a new shop will open up some where else outside of the park as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Email I got from Indiana Beach. Kiddeland becomes Rocky's Toy Box!

NEW Eatery and More for 2019!

Next season, Indiana Beach is bringing new and improved fun:

NEW! Rocky’s Toy Box: Kiddieland transforms into Rocky’s Toy Box, with a total refresh of your favorite Kiddieland rides.
NEW! Live Entertainment: Visit the new and improved train station in Rocky's Toy Box for a fun, interactive live show.

NEW! Shafer Smokehouse: Surfer Dogs becomes an authentic barbeque smokehouse with a roadside feel!

Plus, the return of the Rockin’ the Beach Summer Concert Series featuring acts like E5C4P3 - a Journey Tribute Band, and Eagles Tribute Band, 7 Bridges!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Went to IB yesterday for their opening weekend. Some improvements for this year. 

Hoosier Hurricane - They added a 25 for the 25th anniversary. The blue train is now on the track and totally renovated. (red was last year, but not back on the track yet) with a new paint job. The decking in the queue was replaced. Lastly a little track work but still pretty rough. They did add a PA system with Spiels. A much needed addition. They are not automatic, they have to push a button. 

20190512_115204.jpg

20190512_115301.jpg

20190512_115334.jpg

20190512_133415.jpg

Cornball Express got decals added to its train this year. (It was rebuilt last season) It also got a PA with the same spiels at HH. It is running really well. I did not see any new track work from last season.

20190512_121219.jpg

20190512_121835.jpg

Rocky's Toybox which is their new name for the kiddeland area is still majorly under construction. There is a new awning for what I am guessing is the new train station. The rest is still behind a fence and there is not much there. A ride op said mid June for opening. So a few new kids rides. There are abut 6 kids rides operating. The bad part is no train ride until this opens. We are so luck at KI.

20190512_115634.jpg

20190512_115641.jpg

• Like 5