Apex Parks Group adds Indiana Beach to their portfolio

Indiana Beach is the only park within 3½ hours of Cincinnati that I hadn't made it to yet. I planned to finally remedy that this year when GOCC announced that they were going to hold their Mid Summer Scream event there recently, but I guess I won't make it there now. It's a shame as I'd heard good things about that park.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I hope to God that holiday world does not close. That would likely make me even more upset than I am about this! 

Holiday World is a fairly successful park with at least national renown. It's coasters have won numerous awards and it has an award winning water park. It's operations, upkeep, and general well being have been maintained as well. It's not likely going anywhere anytime soon.

Indiana Beach was probably not that well known outside of the general region and some of the enthusiast community and never had the big staple ride to draw people in from all over. I have a lot of fond memories of this park growing up. Went a lot as a kid as we lived in Lafayette for a time and had family in Delphi so we were frequently close to it to stop by for a day. I haven't been in many years though. Have wanted to go back and check out some of the newer rides I hadn't ridden and just enjoy the more unique boardwalk atmosphere. I was just always hesitant about making the long drive up and having much of what I wanted to see be closed as operations seemed very hit or miss from many trip reports I saw. Always just ended up going to a bigger park like KI instead since it was just as close, if not closer, and about the same cost with more to do. Really wish I had gone this past summer. It's a shame they didn't get a final season, or even partial season, to be able to go one last time.

• Like 1