Apex Parks Group adds Indiana Beach to their portfolio

Along with the new slogan, "Where Families Flock for Fun!" IBCrow has been redesigned! What do you think?

Images from https://twitter.com/IndianaBeach and http://www.indianabeach.com/

CeWD4KoUkAAkKoK.jpg

INDI_Website_SUBPAGE_PHOTO.jpg

INDI_Website_HOME_90th.jpg

• Like 9

Look who's getting dressed up for our upcoming 90th Anniversary at Indiana Beach. It's our own local Boardwalk residents Captain Plunder, Mr. Pirate and Bloodsworth. Don't miss seeing their new look this summer. Buy your IB Season Passes NOW!!!! 2 for $90. That's the BEST DEAL of the year. Click here to purchase yours before this sale ends: http://www.indianabeach.com/tickets10906210_10153623221852199_273401434933312963655_10153623222217199_800612556215812936691_10153623222537199_4232299982202

Source

I'm really happy with the amount of work and detail that Apex is putting into the park. We only see so much on Social Media but I have a feeling the park is going to look great this year and even better the following!

• Like 8

It looks as though the future of this park is headed into a very bright direction.

For a while, it was almost like there was no light at the end of the tunnel for IB or a tunnel at all.

With the limited amount of opportunity in this industry, I always find it somewhat heartwarming to see a bounce back from a park like this, especially in this manor.

Indiana Beach will definitely be seeing some of me this season!

• Like 6

Indiana Beach to add a Larson Looper for 2016!!

Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort Announces New Looping Coaster

Monticello, IN – April 12, 2016 Indiana Beach, Indiana’s Favorite Boardwalk Resort, will kick off its upcoming 90th Anniversary season with the addition of a looping-reversing coaster called Zero G.
Manufactured by Texas-based Larson International, the single loop coaster stands 5 stories high and can accommodate 20 riders at one time. Zero G will be placed on Indiana Beach’s classic Boardwalk Funway.
“Indiana Beach is excited to have this new ride added to our line-up of six rollercoasters and other thrill attractions”, said John Collins Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resorts General Manager. “With all the park improvements and upgrades being completed in preparation for Indiana Beach’s 90th anniversary season, adding a ride as thrilling as Zero G is icing on the cake” Collins stated.
The “Larson Loop” coaster builds riders’ anticipation as it rocks back and forth before looping 360 degrees, pausing briefly to suspend riders upside down. The ride is scheduled to be open at the start of the 2016 season.
About Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort
Indiana Beach is located in Monticello, Indiana on Lake Shafer. The resort was founded in 1926 and purchased by Apex Parks Group in September 2015. The resort features a Boardwalk Funway, seven roller coasters, 45 rides, the Shafer Queen Paddlewheel boat, two campgrounds, rental accommodations, and an on-property hotel. Ideal Beach, the water park, includes the original swimming pool with sand beach, water slides, an action river, and kid’s spray area. For more information, please visit www.indianabeach.com.
About Apex Parks Group
Apex is a privately held company based in Aliso Viejo, California with 13 Family Entertainment Centers, 2 Water Parks, and 1 Amusement Park Resort in California, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and Indiana. Apex Parks Group is currently one of the largest owners of Family Entertainment Centers in the United States. Apex Parks was founded in 2014 to acquire and operate best-in-class out-of-home entertainment assets and is committed to excellence, to the communities they serve, and to delivering value that exceeds expectation. For more information, please visit www.apexparksgroup.com.

http://apexparksgroup.com/news#14

• Like 5

Indiana Beach to add a Larson Looper for 2016!!

Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort Announces New Looping Coaster

Monticello, IN – April 12, 2016 Indiana Beach, Indiana’s Favorite Boardwalk Resort, will kick off its upcoming 90th Anniversary season with the addition of a looping-reversing coaster called Zero G.

Manufactured by Texas-based Larson International, the single loop coaster stands 5 stories high and can accommodate 20 riders at one time. Zero G will be placed on Indiana Beach’s classic Boardwalk Funway.

“Indiana Beach is excited to have this new ride added to our line-up of six rollercoasters and other thrill attractions”, said John Collins Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resorts General Manager. “With all the park improvements and upgrades being completed in preparation for Indiana Beach’s 90th anniversary season, adding a ride as thrilling as Zero G is icing on the cake” Collins stated.

The “Larson Loop” coaster builds riders’ anticipation as it rocks back and forth before looping 360 degrees, pausing briefly to suspend riders upside down. The ride is scheduled to be open at the start of the 2016 season.

About Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort

Indiana Beach is located in Monticello, Indiana on Lake Shafer. The resort was founded in 1926 and purchased by Apex Parks Group in September 2015. The resort features a Boardwalk Funway, seven roller coasters, 45 rides, the Shafer Queen Paddlewheel boat, two campgrounds, rental accommodations, and an on-property hotel. Ideal Beach, the water park, includes the original swimming pool with sand beach, water slides, an action river, and kid’s spray area. For more information, please visit www.indianabeach.com.

About Apex Parks Group

Apex is a privately held company based in Aliso Viejo, California with 13 Family Entertainment Centers, 2 Water Parks, and 1 Amusement Park Resort in California, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and Indiana. Apex Parks Group is currently one of the largest owners of Family Entertainment Centers in the United States. Apex Parks was founded in 2014 to acquire and operate best-in-class out-of-home entertainment assets and is committed to excellence, to the communities they serve, and to delivering value that exceeds expectation. For more information, please visit www.apexparksgroup.com.

http://apexparksgroup.com/news#14

Mr. Larry Larson is proud! All joking aside, its good for them to finally get SOMETHING, and not just get well nothing 

• Like 5

I'd never heard of this park til this topic was posted on KIC. I just went to their website, they have a surprisingly large ride lineup! This is definitely on my must-visit list when I get a chance.

Has anyone been on Den of Lost Thieves? What's that like?

• Like 3

Tig'rr is such a fun ride. I'm glad it's getting some TLC. Hopefully all this extra work will mean I can finally get my Lost Coaster credit sometime this summer. Six visits since 2009 and I still haven't ridden that thing.

That's been teh biggest thing keeping me away in recent years. My grandparents lived in Delphi so would go a lot as a kid when we visited them. I have been wanting to go back as they have added quite a few things since I last went (Cornball Express would be new for me even), but kept hearing reports about lots of rides closed and just poor condition in general. Didn't want to drive the 2+ hours and pay for a wristband to then not be able to ride a lot of what I wanted. Especailly when I coudl go to Kings Island for a similar price and drive time and be for sure to havea  great time.

Seeing everything that Apex Parks Group is doing for the park and fixing it up has me hopeful that it will run great again and planning to return there finally this year or next year.

• Like 7

I'd never heard of this park til this topic was posted on KIC. I just went to their website, they have a surprisingly large ride lineup! This is definitely on my must-visit list when I get a chance.

Has anyone been on Den of Lost Thieves? What's that like?

Yes. Den of Lost Thieves is a good ride (I only got to ride it once so forgive me for not being too in depth with the ride experience). I felt like it was well put together, fun and had a lot of good opportunities to shoot. The queue is not all that fun though.

If you tell me the guns work consistently, Im sold!!

They did on the 4 cars we all were in last year.

Tig'rr is such a fun ride. I'm glad it's getting some TLC. Hopefully all this extra work will mean I can finally get my Lost Coaster credit sometime this summer. Six visits since 2009 and I still haven't ridden that thing.

That's been teh biggest thing keeping me away in recent years. My grandparents lived in Delphi so would go a lot as a kid when we visited them. I have been wanting to go back as they have added quite a few things since I last went (Cornball Express would be new for me even), but kept hearing reports about lots of rides closed and just poor condition in general. Didn't want to drive the 2+ hours and pay for a wristband to then not be able to ride a lot of what I wanted. Especailly when I coudl go to Kings Island for a similar price and drive time and be for sure to havea  great time.

Seeing everything that Apex Parks Group is doing for the park and fixing it up has me hopeful that it will run great again and planning to return there finally this year or next year.

To be honest, last year was the first time ever stepping foot on property. I had read reviews about how terrible it was, but I decided to ignore those. I had an absolute blast both times I visited last year. The park has potential and I'm pretty sure Apex is in it for the long haul. I think they are going to do great. Definitely get there this year if you can.

• Like 6

I grew up going to IB as a kid.  That was our weekend getaways, camping, going to the beach and riding rides.

I have never had an issue with the guns on DoLT. My issue in the past was it being clean, but hopefully that is resolved this year. I agree with Terpy, a better ride than BBOBH. I would put it in between it and Gobbler Getaway at HW.  It is most certainly themed the best of of those two in my opinion.  Agree with Chris that queue is very compact.

I was there for a commercial shoot the year LCoSM was opened. It does have some nice air pops and surprises, but wish they had different cars instead of retrofitting the mine cars that were there before turned into a coaster. I think a 3 row PTC car would be a great option for that coaster. Yes you would loose 2 people per cycle, but I think the ride experience would be better.

I am welcoming a freshly painted Tig'rr, but will miss the red and white it was since 1984!

Also, if you go the bumper cars are a must. They are not the traditional Italian style like at KI, and at least not before Apex took over they were set a lot higher than a 3!

• Like 7

Mr. Larry Larson is proud! All joking aside, its good for them to finally get SOMETHING, and not just get well nothing 

I think all the updates and improvements for the season was more than plenty for the first full year for new owners. Even though I am not a big fan of the loopers myself, this is just the icing on the cake for a awesome start of a new season for IB.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I will be interviewing Don Hurd, the director of marketing live on the air Friday, May 6th at 10AM eastern at the high school radio station I work for in Indianapolis.

If you would like to tune in below is the link. I will be talking to him about the upcoming season at Indiana Beach along with giving away a set of IB cool cash cards in that hour. You could win IB tickets!

http://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/WBDG/

• Like 4

IB adds Cap'N Crow's Bumper Boats for the 2016 season. This will be located in the old Splash Battle pool.

http://www.indianabeach.com/news#13

Monticello, IN - May 10, 2016 Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort is excited to announce the addition of Cap’n Crow’s Bumper Boats for the 90th Anniversary season. The bumper boat attraction will replace the former “Splash Battle” ride on the Boardwalk Funway. 
The colorful and fun Cap’n Crow’s Bumper Boats will allow guests to be the captain of their own boat as they cruise the waters searching for others to bump. Each boat is outfitted with a water sprayer that can soak an opponent from 10 feet away. Up to 12 bumper boats at a time will battle each other for a thrilling guest experience. 
“Indiana Beach is thrilled to add Cap’n Crows Bumper Boats as another fun and exciting ride for our guests to enjoy,” said John Collins, Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resorts General Manager. “Many improvements and upgrades have been completed throughout the park for Indiana Beach’s 90th anniversary season. Adding Cap’n Crow’s Bumper Boats shows our commitment in providing our guests more fun and more value.”

http://www.indianabeach.com/assets/cms/uploads/images/home_MH/CapnCrowsBumperBoats_V1_1262X450.jpg

CapnCrowsBumperBoats_V1_1262X450.jpg

• Like 6

Just saw a billboard for Indiana Beach in Speedway, IN. I'm really glad to see they are advertising in the Indianapolis area. Apex seems to be taking all of the right steps to bring the park back to it's former glory. 

• Like 8

Just saw a billboard for Indiana Beach in Speedway, IN. I'm really glad to see they are advertising in the Indianapolis area. Apex seems to be taking all of the right steps to bring the park back to it's former glory. 

Awesome, I have not seen an IB billboard in Indy for years! Where is it located?

• Like 3