WindSeeker Soundtrack

Italian Job 2005

• 1 year later...

BUMP! Sorry I'm one year and a half late to @jcgoble3's paging, but I have indeed identified 15 of WindSeeker's songs, all of which can be found here in a playlist I made on YouTube.

"The High and the Mighty" - many different versions of this song exist online; the closest one I found (by Elmer Bernstein, played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra) is not the exact track that plays on 'Seeker but it is very close. There is also a really good version by Dimitri Tiomkin and Ned Washington that includes a chorus singing with the orchestra that I don't have in the playlist but I would recommend giving it a listen as well.

"Superman Theme" - by John Williams. Also the track that played on my first 'Seeker flight on June 30, 2011. Need I say more, other than the fact that on 'Seeker the track stops at 2:35? :P

"Hedwig's Theme" a.k.a. "Hedwig's Flight" - from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Not sure where this track stops on the ride but it's definitely before the three minute mark. I'll have to listen more closely next time I hear it.

"Romantic Flight" - one of How to Train Your Dragon's beautiful soundtracks, composed by John Powell! Not to mention it's only three seconds shy of two minutes long, making it one of the few full-length tracks played on WindSeeker.

"Test Drive" - an epic track also from How to Train Your Dragon. Also another full-length track thanks to its convenient length of two minutes and thirty-six seconds.

"See You Tomorrow" - an upbeat, adventurous track, once again from How To Train Your Dragon. On 'Seeker it plays up to 2:04.

"This Is Berk" - fourth and final How to Train Your Dragon track used on 'Seeker. From 0:59 to 2:57 is what plays on the ride.

"Flying" - composed by James Newton Howard for a Peter Pan movie released in the early 2000's (the track was released December 26, 2003). 'Seeker riders hear the track from 0:51 to 2:58. This is also my personal favorite soundtrack. :)

"Also Sprach Zurathustra, Op. 30"/"Theme from 2001: Space Odyssey" - another well-known theme, composed by Richard Strauss. This track played the first time I had WindSeeker to myself, just after park opening on August 14, 2013.

"Life is a Dream" - one of numerous themes from the renowned Star Trek series. This track played on the very first WindSeeker cycle I witnessed in person, as I waited in a twenty-minute line to experience it for myself on June 30, 2011.

"Main Title" - from Star Trek: The Motion Picture: composed by Jerry Goldsmith. The video of that song in my playlist is actually a tribute video to the Enterprise D in which the song was used; it was the first place where I found the correct version of the song.

"All Systems Go/The Launch" - from Apollo 13, composed by James Horner. On 'Seeker, the track plays up until 2:08. This track is another one I highly enjoy hearing!

"Harry's Wondrous World" - another track from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. From 1:59 until 4:40, riders enjoy their flight to the tune of this lovely song.

"633 Squadron Theme" - Not sure who composed this, but it was composed for a movie in 1964. This particular recording in my playlist was played by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. On WindSeeker the entire track plays, at just three seconds shy of three minutes.

"Ride of the Valkyries" - by Richard Wagner; another well-known song. On WindSeeker the track skips from 1:03 to 1:40 to save time.

These are all the songs I have identified and documented. If I heard and remembered correctly, WindSeeker plays 18 different soundtracks. It's extremely likely there are still a few tracks that I have yet to identify, but I'm already satisfied with the fact that I, with a little of outside help, have already identified 15 songs! :lol:

• Like 6

On September 9, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Voicetek said:

One thing I've always wondered, does KI have the rights to be playing all these songs?

They would almost certainly have to. They used to use an early cue from Raiders of the Lost Ark for Adventure Express, a cue from Independence Day for The Beast, and later a cue from Lost for, once again, The Beast. Plus, they have quite a few songs from movies for Halloween Haunt. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

On WindSeeker this season, I noticed a new soundtrack that I had never heard prior to this year. I had heard it on occasion while working (often times it would end up being skipped because it either would not play automatically or we would mistake the track's quiet intro for the music not playing) but it seemed to elude me whenever I tried to record it (while there as a guest) and identify it...until today. On my 96th ride on WindSeeker, this "mystery soundtrack" played and I was able to audibly record the cycle (with my device safely zipped away in my waist pack, obviously) and use SoundHound to identify it (of course I waited until AFTER the ride finished to use my phone, of course :)).

Turns out, this track is called "Ollo," composed by Hans Zimmer for the movie Megamind. I have added it to my WindSeeker soundtrack playlist on YouTube. Ollo plays on the cycle after "Ride of the Valkyries." The track that 'Seeker plays starts at 0:53 and goes to the end. Happy listening and riding!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just identified another soundtrack! A two minute excerpt of "Cody's Flight," composed by Bruce Broughton for the 1990 movie The Rescuers Down Under, played when I took my 99th flight on July 18. Thanks to the Voice Memos and SoundHound apps on my phone, I finally know all of the soundtracks that play on WindSeeker!

From 0:59 to 2:55 is the excerpt that plays on WindSeeker. Happy listening!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VortexBFForever said:

I just identified another soundtrack! A two minute excerpt of "Cody's Flight," composed by Bruce Broughton for the 1990 movie The Rescuers Down Under, played when I took my 99th flight on July 18. Thanks to the Voice Memos and SoundHound apps on my phone, I finally know all of the soundtracks that play on WindSeeker!

From 0:59 to 2:55 is the excerpt that plays on WindSeeker. Happy listening!

@VortexBFForever - I could swear I heard an excerpt that sounded an awful lot like it came from the movie ET.   I'm drawing on memory here but I want to say it sounded like the flight theme from the movie.  Unfortunately I couldn't get my device out quick enough to identify it.  I don't see it mentioned on your list, am I crazy or did it just get missed?

• Like 1

That's the complicated part. I noticed that the 633 Squadron Theme and the E.T. Theme play over top of each other as one track, and this happens three times - between Apollo 13 and Cody's Flight, between Harry's Wondrous World and Ride of the Valkyries, and between the Star Trek Main Title and The High and the Mighty. I have no idea why the two tracks play on top of each other, but that is what I always hear.

But you are correct, @Rallyomalley. The E.T. theme does play. It's just overlapped with the 633 Squadron Theme for whatever reason.

Edited by VortexBFForever
Accidentally mentioned the wrong user - sorry Xdog42. :P
  • Like 3