Clearing up Tower Johnny

KIghostguy

• 8 months later...
On 9/10/2015 at 4:49 PM, KIghostguy said:

If anyone reading this was at KI Grad Night in 1983, feel free to share your memories of that horrible day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello,

I was there at Kings Island on the grad night of ‘83. I went to Kings High School, which is less than a mile from the park.  Your updated story is right on.  I was at the base of the Eiffel Tower accident happened.  I remember it vividly, but most folks weren’t aware of what had happened. 

The key things for me was there was a radio station van there(Q102, I believe) and it played loud music and I can remember the 2 songs playing while the ambulance was there.  The song called “Why Me” by Planet P.  The lyrics now seemed quite fitting for the moment.  

The elevator was stopped in the position for several days as my school bus went by daily.  

Thanks for letting me share my experience of that evening. 

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Gina5150 said:

Hello,

I was there at Kings Island on the grad night of ‘83. I went to Kings High School, which is less than a mile from the park.  Your updated story is right on.  I was at the base of the Eiffel Tower accident happened.  I remember it vividly, but most folks weren’t aware of what had happened. 

The key things for me was there was a radio station van there(Q102, I believe) and it played loud music and I can remember the 2 songs playing while the ambulance was there.  The song called “Why Me” by Planet P.  The lyrics now seemed quite fitting for the moment.  

The elevator was stopped in the position for several days as my school bus went by daily.  

Thanks for letting me share my experience of that evening. 

Thanks for sharing your memories—it was a horrible evening at the park.

For all those coming to this thread because of the bump, disregard just about every post before this and read this instead: http://kingsislandghosts.blogspot.com/2018/04/the-truth-behind-tower-johnny.html?m=1

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 10:23 PM, Gina5150 said:

The other song was “She’s a Beauty” by The Tubes. 

I couldn’t believe what i was reading when you wrote about those songs playing, the hair stood up on my arms. I was in line the night this happened, i was a senior from Centerville H.S.  I can never hear those songs without thinking about the tragedy..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think the thing I like most about this topic is that it has put a face to the myth.  Jon Harter was only a few years older than me when he died.  I can never go up the ET without thinking of his family, and I hope that something good came out of the entire situation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I think the thing I like most about this topic is that it has put a face to the myth.  Jon Harter was only a few years older than me when he died.  I can never go up the ET without thinking of his family, and I hope that something good came out of the entire situation.

The sad part is this isn't a myth....

It was a reality.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Im not so sure I believe that when we die we stick around and haunt the planet. It doesn’t really make sense to me. 
 Having said that, Im pretty positive spirits haunt places that bad things have happened, or about to happen. As if they feed off the negativity and freight of emotions surrounding bad events. They might even mimmic the look or actions made by someone that has met and untimely and horrific death. Maybe even doing so to deceive. I also believe once you know what is going on, what is behind it and why, they make no effort to bother you. 
 You can’t tell me every single day that Kings Island is open people pass by places they know horrible things that have happened and they simply don’t feel any emotion. Be it sorrow, fear, or regret. 
 I know the last 4-5 times I’ve been there I have. Places both good abd bad things have happen leave an impression.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

This is the first time I have gotten the basic story of what happened that Friday the thirteenth of May 1983. I was there for Grad night as well and remember the golf cart ambulances come flying by with the first responders screaming to clear the way. Never got the full story then and the speculation of what did happen ran rampant on the bus ride home as you can well imagine. Tragic no matter the reason. 

Thanks for this story.