Winnie Witch Cauldron discovered!

kjkjkj

Random question: Where did you get that awesome shirt? :D Also, I believe that "Big Apple" sign behind you is from Kenwood Towne Center.

I saw a person in line with this very shirt today. Oddly enough, the kid seemed to be too young to even remember reruns of any of those shows. :D

• Like 3

Random question: Where did you get that awesome shirt? :D Also, I believe that "Big Apple" sign behind you is from Kenwood Towne Center.

I saw shirts like this at Kohls.  They've got some great T-shirt designs featuring cartoons from the 90s from Nickelodeon as well as Disney Afternoon.  You can see all available designs on their website.

I recall hearing it was broken into bits and scrapped. Unlike the smaller fiberglass figures of SpongeBob, Patrick, etc. (which are lying in fields and can be seen from satellite images), Reptar was probably a bit too big to save.

I have a fondness for real pop art, because if it's short cycle of existence. It's not considered art, so it's disposable to all but the few who really appreciate it.

Not talking Warhol style art, where he glorified another's art, but, for example, the artist who originally designed the label of Campbell's soups.

Think of that cat at his drafting table, making a functional piece of artwork to signal to shoppers, "Not THAT soup- THIS soup.".

And fitting all the text information into that design, that's work.

The company that made that giant raptor probably had a blast, but each worker in the back of their mind knew they were imprinting a memory on each park goer, no matter how temporary the display.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I happened to find my way to Jungle Jim's Eastgate with Hoeter today. 

I had no idea that a piece of  Winnie Witch Cauldron was located in the store....I naturally had to take a couple of pictures when Hoeter pointed it out to me. 

13007211_10209756937106170_7719410207230

13006454_10209756937466179_7163228166810

Also, just realized this is post #3,000 for me though it means little to nothing :D

Just to think that many years ago that this was part of a working ride at Kings Island, if this cauldron could talk.....

• Like 5

• 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...