2015 Golden Ticket Winners

If there's already a topic on this, I apologize. I searched and couldn't find one :)

The annual Golden Ticket Awards were held this weekend at Luna Park in New York. Here's a list of this year's winners... Full info at http://www.goldenticketawards.com

Best New Attraction (Amusement Park): Fury 325, Carowinds

Best New Ride (Water Park): Dive Bomber, Six Flags White Water

Best Park: Europa Park

Best Water Park: Schlitterbahn (New Braunfels, TX location)

Best Children's Park: Idlewild & SoakZone

Best Marine Life Park: SeaWorld Orlando

Best Seaside Park: Morey's Piers

Best Kids' Area: Kings Island

Cleanest Park: Holiday World

Friendliest Park: Dollywood

Best Shows: Dollywood

Best Outdoor Show Production: Illuminations, Epcot

Best Landscaping: Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Best Food: Knoebel's Amusement Resort

Best Carousel: Knoebel's Amusement Resort

Best Water Ride (Park): Valhalia, Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Best Water Park Ride: Wildebeest, Holiday World

Best Indoor Water Park: Schlitterbahn Galveston Island

Best Indoor Roller Coaster: Revenge of the Mummy, Universal Studios Orlando

Best Funhouse/Walk-Through: Noah's Ark, Kennywood

Best Halloween Event: Universal Studios Orlando

Best Christmas Event: Dollywood

#1 Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

#1 Wood Coaster: Boulder Dash

• Like 10

Now, now. Amusement Today says it was a vote. No money changed hands here, Silly! Word has obviously just gotten out about Disney's subpar food and underwhelming landscaping.

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm on year 2 of my subscription to Amusement Today, and I've yet to even see a mention of ballots being handed out (let alone be provided one...)

• Like 16

Knoebels is coming close to dethroning Cedar Point in the states. I know these polls are more coaster-centric but Disney always seems to be near the bottom of the polls. With Europa being #1 again you'd expect Disney to place higher.

Disney doesn't need awards to pull in massive crowds, so why should they pay for said awards?

• Like 8

Now, now. Amusement Today says it was a vote. No money changed hands here, Silly! Word has obviously just gotten out about Disney's subpar food and underwhelming landscaping.

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm on year 2 of my subscription to Amusement Today, and I've yet to even see a mention of ballots being handed out (let alone be provided one...)

You don't get a vote just for having a subscription, that'd be even worse than the process claims to be now... They at least pretend that you have to apply and qualify to get one of the meaningless ballots that get fed into a shredder...

• Like 5

Alrighty, I guess I should probably put in my own two cents. First off, I'm really dissapointed in Europa Park being no. 1. From what I've seen, (and correct me if I'm wrong) Europa's rides are pretty much a bunch of Disney knockoffs. I guess it just goes to show that no one really cares about innovation and originality anymore. Personally, my favorite park is Disneyland. I'm also dissapointed on the coasters-Millenium Force would probably be a really fun ride if I was brave enough to ride it, but I love Banshee to death. For me, Banshee beats out everything. Also, Boulder Dash looks fun, but I garuntee that it's no where near as good as the Twister at Knoebels. Speaking of Knoebels, they definitly have the best food. Anyone who has had the pizza there can agree with me. I'm glad that Kings Island got some recognition. Planet Snoopy really has stuff for everyone. Does anyone know why they don't have a best dark ride category? Again, just my $0.02 .

Is Planet Snoopy really that good? I only remember going there a few times when I was a kid living in Northern Kentucky. However, it was under Paramount back then.

Yeah. I like it. It has stuff for all ages. They have a couple of roller coasters. Nothing like the other coasters around the park, but still fun.

• Like 1

KI Planet Snoopy has a great variety of rides. I like how they have some of the bigger ones (Flying Ace, Surf Dog) next to the smaller ones. My niece and nephew have spent the last two or three years looking forward to getting taller so they can ride them. For them, being exposed to them let them feel as though it was a natural progression and it wasn't as scary.

• Like 5