Best Roller Coaster for a first time visitor

TheBeast84

Hey everyone its me, I am a first time writer on this forum, anyway I have heard and read a lot about Kings Island and would love to go someday.

However I do have one question to ask and it is this I was wondering What are the best roller coasters for a first time visitor to the park to ride? I have heard and read a lot about the roller coasters at Kings Island some of the roller coasters that come to my mind are The Beast, The Racer, Banshee, and of course Diamondback so that is why I thought I would ask this question.

As far as roller coasters go I love both wood and steel so any suggestions are welcome-Thanks.

• Like 4

Welcome to KIC! For a first time coaster rider I would go with Adventure Express, for a first time visitor at the park, Flight of Fear or Firehawk, these coasters have the longest lines. It's a good idea to knock those out first, when visiting. The best coaster in the park in my opinion is The Beast. i highly suggest you ride twice once in the morning and once at night. Have fun!

• Like 3

What's the best coaster in the park? Gosh, that's a tough question and one that I'm not sure can be answered.  I think the best coaster, or one coaster that someone might suggest, is based on opinion and will vary from person to person.  If you're going to KI for the day, then you'll have plenty of time to ride quite a few coasters.  I'm basically just going to suggest a list of coasters that should definitely be ridden during a visit to KI.

Banshee

Adventure Express

The Racer

The Beast

Diamondback

These are coasters that, in my opinion, should not be missed on a first visit to the park.  Now, of course, there are other coasters too, but my advice would be to definitely check these five out if at all possible.  I know a lot of people suggest Flight of Fear and Firehawk, however, I can take those or leave them.  If you had to pick one of the two, I'd go with Flight of Fear just because of the uniqueness of being an indoor coaster with a launch right out of the station. It's definitely quite the experience.

Hopefully you'll get to visit KI soon and get to check out these great coasters.  Hope this info helped.  Have fun!

• Like 5

Welcome to KIC! You asked what are the best coasters, and that's a very subjective question as everyone has their own opinion. For me, I'd say Banshee, The Bat, Firehawk, Flight of Fear, The Beast and Adventure Express are "the best". Make sure to hop on Vortex too as its a pretty good ride as well. Also, the overall, the three most popular coasters at the park are Banshee, Diamondback and The Beast. Enjoy your trip!  :D

• Like 2

Welcome. Best is a very subjective thing. Some people may love what most others hate and vice versa. So these are just my opinions.

Banshee and Diamondback are not to be missed. Both are very smooth and very fun, and their lines often move quickly, so you shouldn't have to wait long even on a busy day. I'd put Racer, Adventure Express, and The Bat in the tier below. Fun, decently moving lines, and perfect for someone who might be intimidated by larger rides. Flight of Fear is definitely worth a ride, but its line is often painfully slow. Unless the park is dead, it'll eat up a good chunk of your day. The Beast is a special case. It's generally not worth waiting for during the day (in my opinion), but it's a completely different experience at night. Flying through the woods under a full moon is almost a religious experience.

Planet Snoopy is worth a trip even if you don't have children. Boo Blasters and Woodstock Gliders are fun rides on their own. Wherever life takes me, Kings Island will always be my home park, and I hope you can make it there one day. Just don't forget to try a blue soft serve cone.

• Like 3

I'd say the best coaster for people who are new to the park if you have been to others is easily The Beast. It is the most unique experience at the park. You can get similar rides at many other parks with B&M hypers and inverts, as well as mine trains and wooden racers. I have felt similar experiences for both even with the limited amount of parks I've visited, but nothing has come close to feeling like The Beast. Closest in my opinion was The Boss at SF:SL, and that felt more like the Legend or other CCI's.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My first coaster ever was The Racer and I suggest it to everyone. It has some great hills, but over all it's a pretty smooth ride and not terribly scary. Beast and Bat are also great semi-low impact rides for the uninitiated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No matter what ride you go on first, the two rides at Kings Island that you absolutley, positivly, cannot miss are The Beast and Banshee. There are no other coasters like them that I have ridden. Then again, I'm not terribly well-traveled in the category of amusement parks. Still fantastic rides and not to be missed. The Racer is a classic and original to the park, and it's also a "don't-miss" for me. The Bat is a dying breed of coaster (Arrow suspended) and as such is worth a ride. Adventure Express and Backlot Stunt Coaster are relativly tame but still worth a ride. The Eiffel Tower is a nice break from the roller coasters and provides a cool bird's-eye view of the park. I hope you can make it to Kings Island someday. It's a wonderful amusement park.

• Like 2

I only have three parks under my belt as an adult, with Kings Island being my favorite.  If you are a rider already and just want suggestions on what to ride at KI, here is my sequential suggestion:

1. The Beast

2.  Diamondback

3.  Woodstock Express

4. Banshee

5.  Adventure Express

6. The Bat

7.  The Blue Racer

8.  Backlot Stunt Coaster

9. Vortex

• Like 1