Kings Island TR 9/19/15- P&G Day- The Search for Lines

silver2005

I have a rather special TR, this time from P&G Day 2015.

Got there a bit before 10 am due to no ERT and headed to Rivertown.  Usually at P&G Day, people are in lines to pick up free stuff with vouchers that are mailed with the tickets.  Over the day, lines accumulate, but nothing over 15 minutes, even for the likes of Firehawk, Invertigo and the major flats.  

It was much less crowded than any day I've been to the park.  Nearly everything was a walk on or in the case of flats, a single cycle wait.  Even X-Base.  WindSeeker and Drop Tower were down most of the day for high winds, which, we got to Drop Tower once the skies cleared up, while only brief with winds picking up again later.  BTW, there was overcast and a misty rain through most of the morning and early afternoon.  Cleared up by dinner.  Beast and Racer ran spectacularly the rest of the day (including either less biting trims on the former or no trims on the later).  The weather after it rained was absolutely perfect.  A nice Autumn brisk-ness was in place by sunset.  

So you may be thinking- why the thread title?  

Well....

With the lack of live entertainment, we had to take breaks from riding a lot.  We rode KI&MVRR 3 times.  Eiffel Tower 2 times (one of which to catch the fireworks).   We tried to stretch our time at the Reds HOFG (watched a bit of the OSU and UC games, both nail biters) to kill more time.  I think we ended up getting all the major popular rides at least 3 times. Overall, the only adult section rides we missed were Scrambler, WindSeeker, Skyflyer and Sling Shot.  We wanted some sort of lines to burn time off.  Again, even X-Base failed us.  The longest we waited was for Dodgems. The longest line overall belonged to Woodstock Gliders, which, was ironically too long (this was after walking a while).  We even tried a few front seat rides to get some sort of wait.  Got in 6 night rides in less than an hour (Diamondback, Beast, Vortex, AE, Banshee and Bat) still had time to get to ET for the fireworks.

Note to self- come later for P&G Days.  

• Like 9

We've been going to P&G Dividend Days for a long time and absolutely love going on those days.  Lines are never an issue and the crowds are always really well behaved those days, even with the lines for the goodies.  I usually get to satisfy my Diamondback fix on these days, as the line usually isn't more than 15 minutes and there are no Fast Laners getting in the way.  Thanks for posting! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I forgot to mention- the staff was entire staff was excellent today.  I imagine a lot of that is due to the fact KI wants to look good for potential season pass owners, but also with what kind of company they're dealing with.  They handle thing well towards that particular demographic.  I would like to shout out the girl running the Eiffel Tower elevator all day today.   That has to be an insanely monotonous job, and she was still pretty spunky at 10 pm.   Kudos.   

• Like 2