The Beast Slower?

rcbob

The first lift hill varies in speed due to the blocking system. As soon as the train hits the hill, the lift slows down and proceeds at a crawl until the train in front has cleared the second lift. When that happens, the first lift speeds up. Depending on when the train in front clears the second lift, the time needed to climb the first lift can vary by quite a bit.

So you probably found POVs with the train in front (which wouldn't be visible in the video) being at different positions on the course, and thus clearing the lift at different times relative to the camera train's position.

• Like 12

It's actually kind of a fun feature. Very dramatic at the beginning with how slowly it creeps up the hill, then suddenly it picks up speed big time. Feels like a little bit of a launch compared to the crawl it started at, and that always catches people by surprise and makes people start getting excited.

• Like 7

I thought someone on here, I thought at the start of last season compared a POV that the park released of The Beast while they were updating POVs for many rides with the opening of Banshee to a POV from The Beast's early life, I want to say the 2nd season maybe.  Comparing the 2 showed that The Beast pretty much runs the same time intervals today, as it did back when it was new, or relatively new.

• Like 2

I'm of the opinion that they should spread out the dispatches so the trains go up the first lift a bit quicker. The ride feels more fluid to me when its done like that. I think the slow lift kind of diminishes the anticipation.

if they did this stacking would happen more often. And wouldn't get you from the final brake run right into the station. I think dispatches right now are fine and alot of people like the slow lift hill. Gives more anticipation.
  • Like 6

These clownshoes are making things up man.

What I heard directly from the head engineer at coastercon 89 was that the real Beast actually scares the lifthill into slowing down. I am more willing to believe that, from the ringleader's mouth, than some silly tinfoil hat theories about brake blocks and what have yous...

• Like 4