Kings Island Mobile App Updated Again 9/26/15 with an interesting feature

BoddaH1994

Not the biggest deal in the world, but I figured you guys would like this.  Kings Island's GM, Greg Scheid, Tweeted that they had updated the mobile app to allow you to use your phone to work as a season pass.  I figured it would be like Apple's Passbook or Google Wallet, but it's a little more than that.  After entering your pass, it actual connects with Kings Island's admission system, Gate Central, and both shows you your picture from their season pass database, scope of product (Gold or Platium, meal plan or no), and how many visits you have for the season.  I know this is irrelevant to 99.999% of the people who visit the park but... this is us.

To download Kings Island's new mobile app visit your Apple App Store or Google Play.

• Like 10

Is the number of visits accurate for others? Mine shows 2015 visits at zero, although everything else shows up correctly. I was worried it reset my count entirely when I added my pass, but then when I entered the park yesterday, their screen properly showed my visits (49) when they scanned my card.

I thought maybe it would update once I entered the park, but it hasn't. Out of curiosity, I'll use the app instead of my physical card when I go to the park tomorrow to see if it only counts those entries.

• Like 2

This is great! I used the CP app to purchase tickets before, and the tickets were able to be scanned from the phone. It was very useful, no worry about losing the ticket or damaging the barcode. And of course no printing required! the fact I can do this now with a pass is fantastic! Now, hopefully they are developing a system that can speed up the real slow lines, like food concessions..

• Like 2

Is the number of visits accurate for others? Mine shows 2015 visits at zero, although everything else shows up correctly. I was worried it reset my count entirely when I added my pass, but then when I entered the park yesterday, their screen properly showed my visits (49) when they scanned my card.

I thought maybe it would update once I entered the park, but it hasn't. Out of curiosity, I'll use the app instead of my physical card when I go to the park tomorrow to see if it only counts those entries.

Mine showed accurate from the beginning. And I was successfully able to use it to enter the park.

My count also showed accurately when I added my pass last night.

• Like 1

I just have my pass in my Android Pay account. And will continue to do so unless the park says that the App is the only acceptable form of digital admission. When given the choice between having all of my season passes and loyalty cards in one place vs having needless fragmentation, I'll opt to keep my stuff in the same place. Every time.

• Like 4

So, I wonder if mine will show the # of times the Dining Plan was used...

I've had my pass scanned into my images all season and have used my trusty Samsung S5 (now S6) all season.  Honestly. something that would be of even more value is to make it so that the Season Pass can have "credits" loaded onto it to be used in the park, thereby leaving the wallet at home.

• Like 3

The attendant at Cedar Point's marina gate looked at me like I had two heads when I handed him my platinum pass in the Kings Island app. So I quickly handed him my physical pass instead, which I had out just in case.

Same here when trying to access ERT yesterday at KI. The funny thing is I was talking to a family and even predicted it. I told them, "Watch, they'll look at me like I 2 heads when I show my pass from the app". sure enough. Do they not inform employees of new processes? At my work, and new change in process is always and email and a new SOP going out to everyone.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 4