Intamin new speed boat ride

I have a feeling Movie Park Italy would've jumped on this and given it a nice, unlicensed 1980s film name.

But soft!

They already have a dangerous, waiver-worthy high speed boat ride based on Nightrider. It takes place in the auxiliary waterways behind (and the watery stage of) the park's Rambo water stunt show.

• Like 6

I do have to give credit to Intamin for being industry innovators. No, their rides may not have perfect reliability, but I admire their willingness to take risks when it comes to developing unique and groundbreaking rides. I personally think this is a really cool concept, especially with how non-riders and riders alike can be impressed with it. While I doubt it will be Cedar Fair, I do hope a park installs one of these in the near future.

• Like 2

I do have to give credit to Intamin for being industry innovators. No, their rides may not have perfect reliability, but I admire their willingness to take risks when it comes to developing unique and groundbreaking rides. I personally think this is a really cool concept, especially with how non-riders and riders alike can be impressed with it. While I doubt it will be Cedar Fair, I do hope a park installs one of these in the near future.

I agree, I admire that of them. But some things are more important to me after a multi-hour trip.

The rides are great for gettin people in, but when they don't deliver consistently, they're not going to help with the frequent flyers.

• Like 2

Complex and most mechanicals that are in need of inspection and servicing are underwater.  Drain and refill everyday?  I wonder what is being done to mitigate the wake created from each pass.  The water would get very choppy, which is a bad thing for speedboats and since this one is tied to a track something will have to give.  The boat hull?

Interesting concept but not the first side x side drag race concept.  I don't think S&S ever had any takers on the Snow Shot

• Like 4

Yes.. and the dragster side by side type ride near Cincinnati was left as an empty lot many years ago.

Not a new concept, new application.

If it could be made to work well, and successfully installed somewhere, I think it would be fun to be on and it'd truly be a sight to see even.. esp. With the fire tail... who doesn't like fire? (At a safe distance)

• Like 4

I agree!  I would be all for this at a park that would be 100% committed to maintaining not only the ride, but the rides theming aspects..... and the only group I confidently feel would do that is Disney.  Certainly not FUN or... to a lesser extent.... SIX.  And before anyone says "Mr. Ouimet is former Disney" I say.... exactly, FORMER Disney.  Ive already seen at CP how little Disney influence in both appearance and guest service and care/effort crossed over.

• Like 1

Yes.. and the dragster side by side type ride near Cincinnati was left as an empty lot many years ago.

Not a new concept, new application.

If it could be made to work well, and successfully installed somewhere, I think it would be fun to be on and it'd truly be a sight to see even.. esp. With the fire tail... who doesn't like fire? (At a safe distance)

What dragster was in Cincy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1