No Boo in the mazes?

OldieButGoodie

The only reason I can think of for the use of necklaces in the mazes is if they want to look at the scenery and environment of one without the scaring from actors (like, say, the Lights-On tour at Dent Schoolhouse), and even then that's a stretch, because if said person is in a fairly large group, does that mean the entire group doesn't get the scare? Or if a wearer has a phobia of clowns, does that mean they can walk through CarnEvil and not have to worry about a clown catapulting from behind a curtain?

• Like 4

I was one of the annoying boo necklace wearers last season (I don't mind being jumped at, I just can't be touched because I have this bad reaction of hitting people who touch me without my permission) and, honestly, it did nothing in the mazes, not because the actors were honoring it, but because no one could see it in time. It led to quite a few amusing enounters after the initial scare though.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The No-Boo necklaces last year were very hard to see.  This year, for $8.00, you can get a no-boo necklace that lights up in the dark and turns a bright orange all the way around the lanyard.  That way, even if the ScareActor approaches you from behind, they should be able to see the lit-up ring of orange light around the back of your neck.

• Like 8

I believe none of the scare zones are open during Sundays, so it should be a lot better to go then if you are not into the sp00kyiness of the haunt. I personally love haunted houses, just not at Kings Island and other parks. I think it becomes way to crowded and a complete madhouse in my opinion. I'm probably sticking with Sundays for the rest of the season unless my friends are going on a haunt night. 

• Like 3

I understand the reasoning for having or wanting a no boo necklace.  I agree that if you don't want to be scared or jumped at that's your prerogative.  What you don't realize is that with your glowing pumpkin that illuminates everything within 20 feet of you, you're ruining the Haunt for everyone else.  This is not to be rude or insensitive toward you, but such as BLACKOUT, you're assigned to a rope and if your group gets added to another group, say 5 to 7 people, (which is not by your choice) the magic is gone.  Everything is illuminated and it's not effective.  It also goes for those with cell phones.  "Hey, I'm in a dark maze and can't see because that's part of the attraction, so, let me be the hero and whip out my cell phone so I can ruin it for everyone else."  It's a losing battle, and I know this for a fact because I hear what is said and my heart goes out to people who have their experience totally ruined by someone else acting out in a manner that's immature and sometimes inappropriate after having to wait 90 minutes.  I feel if it's at all possible, which I'm not sure it is, but if you are a boo necklace wearer, then you should have a special line you get in that is for you only and either you and your family goes in together or you wait until there are several of you boo folk and you go in alone.  That way it's two separate experiences for everyone.  Ones who don't want to be scared with their family and those who aren't annoyed by those with those no boo necklaces and want to have the bejezus scared out of you.  Those who assist others with wheelchairs or help assist those with walking disabilities to navigate the maze is 100% totally understandable.   This is just MY OPINION.  Not anybody else's.  Happy Haunting...Carry On!

• Like 8

Amazing.  Kings Island is able to draw huge crowds to its park in the fall to have people stand in longer lines for $2,000 attractions than they would for a $20,000,000 attraction. Then they figure out a way to charge even more for people that want to go to the front of said lines, and then charge even more so you don't have to fully experience the attraction that you just stood in line for, or possibly paid extra to go to the front of the line of the attraction you don't want to fully experience.  Brilliant.  Seriously, that is unbelievably brilliant.  The scariest thing about HH to me is that they will somehow carry the concept over to the regular season (Which, in a way, they have.  How many dormant HH structures are now visible during the regular season?).

• Like 3

Really, I was meaning the idea of building something that costs a fraction of the price of a new ride that would attract similar numbers of guests.

People paying big money for the privilege of jumping in front of others--cost to the park in investment? Very little--certainly in the low thousands--not $20 million--UNLESS lost future business is included--Question Mark or Explanation Point--(both? neither? Remains to be seen?)

• Like 1

Ok so are any of the mazes even remotely scary? My wife and I decided to go out there tonight for a couple hours and walked through slaughterhouse, the one that goes through the white water canyon cue and the one that is inside the old crypt building and none of them were remotely scary. They were extremely short as well. Disappointed but may try and go out again another night to try some of the other ones.