No Boo in the mazes?

OldieButGoodie

The No-Boo necklaces last year were very hard to see.  This year, for $8.00, you can get a no-boo necklace that lights up in the dark and turns a bright orange all the way around the lanyard.  That way, even if the ScareActor approaches you from behind, they should be able to see the lit-up ring of orange light around the back of your neck.

I bought one and the lights slipped down so you couldnt see them at the back so i was constantly turning around to make sure that every ScareActor around me could see it...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so are any of the mazes even remotely scary? My wife and I decided to go out there tonight for a couple hours and walked through slaughterhouse, the one that goes through the white water canyon cue and the one that is inside the old crypt building and none of them were remotely scary. They were extremely short as well. Disappointed but may try and go out again another night to try some of the other ones.

Slaughterhouse is usually pretty scary to me. You may just have gone on one of the bad nights, you get those sometimes. But, if you go again try Blackout.

Just a tip/heads up, I recommend not going through Tombstone Terror-Tory(White Water Canyon Queue) its quite disappointing to most people including myselfand i consider myself easily scared.

• Like 1

That's a matter of opinion. I did not find it awesome when I did it last year. After a 10 minute wait for a train, followed by more than an hour of waiting in the woods while /only/ the Fright Lane passengers from several trains that came after mine went through the maze (and it being impossible to bail out because the only way back was through), finishing with a walk back through a predictable layout with minimal theming and tired and bored scareactors, I just wished they had let us continue to ride the train through some theming instead of doing the haunt at all. It had better /potential/ with the train, but it was wasted potential in my opinion.

• Like 2

That's a matter of opinion. I did not find it awesome when I did it last year. After a 10 minute wait for a train, followed by more than an hour of waiting in the woods while /only/ the Fright Lane passengers from several trains that came after mine went through the maze (and it being impossible to bail out because the only way back was through), finishing with a walk back through a predictable layout with minimal theming and tired and bored scareactors, I just wished they had let us continue to ride the train through some theming instead of doing the haunt at all. It had better /potential/ with the train, but it was wasted potential in my opinion.

I remember waiting more than an hour for the train! Ugh I hated it so much. I only go in it once every year.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The "No Boo" Necklaces are now $12, last Friday they were being sold for $10.  Also ironically the Everything $10 and under store near The Racer is selling the necklaces for $12, the worker said they have received a lot of complaints regarding this.  It is also made clear that the No Boo necklaces are not good in the mazes and must be turned off.

• Like 2

The "No Boo" Necklaces are now $12, last Friday they were being sold for $10.  Also ironically the Everything $10 and under store near The Racer is selling the necklaces for $12, the worker said they have received a lot of complaints regarding this.  It is also made clear that the No Boo necklaces are not good in the mazes and must be turned off.

Finally common sense prevails! It never made sense to have No Boo necklaces valid in a haunted maze thats sole purpose is to scare you.
  • Like 1

I like the no boo glow sticks cause I hate getting scared, and I get scared so easily. Cause I would love to ride all the rides at Kings Island in the dark and not get scared. (the only two I've rode in the dark have been Banshee and Beast) I just wish they weren't $10 lol

Your wish is granted.  They're apparently $12 now.  :lol:

The "No Boo" Necklaces are now $12, last Friday they were being sold for $10.  

• Like 3

They may make you turn off the necklaces, but they don't prevent 4 year old (my guess, but close enough) kids to walk thru the mazes.  Spent the first half of Field of Screams in close proximity to a group that included the close to 4 year old, plus a kid that looked to be about 6 or 7.  The scareactors, rightly toned things down when they saw them, but it ruined it for the people I was with.  Once we were able to get a little bit ahead, we got some good attempts at scaring us.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why a parent thought that was a good idea, the little girl was predictably crying at the end of the maze, her mother was predictably also asking why she was crying.  Common sense ain't so common.

• Like 6