Volcano + Raccoon=not pretty

I once stopped in the middle of RT 42 in Mason for a little raccoon that freaked out and ran under the truck I was driving. The scared little creature was just shivering and cowering.  A guy in a business suit showed up and started gently throwing small rocks under my vehicle (I understood his noble purpose, so I didn't complain - plus he was quite precise). The raccoon eventually ran off behind the Ace Hardware store.  It took about 10 minutes, but it was a happy ending. I'd like to just believe that the critter just ran up into the wooded area and lives there now, happily ever after.

• Like 6

Of all God's creatures, I don't especially like raccoons anymore. A family decided to dig through a wall and through the roof of my home doing thousands of dollars of damage. We cage trapped them and repaired damage for two years. I trapped and released a couple of families... miles from my home and a river away. That being said, even though they are cute, they are destructive little monsters. They also can carry rabies.

• Like 6

I had a cat give birth in the attic at the same time that the racoons were there. I got to hear that mess every night until she packed the kiddies and left.

I also tried every urban remedy to get rid of the raccons... I first put in a radio blasting disco music, a flashing strobe light and multicolor mirror ball... all were supposed to get rid of them.... instead more came.... I started calling my attic Club State Street East.

So when I saw the raccoon picture I was disgusted, but my dark side secretly cheered.

• Like 9

I don't like raccoons because one of them hit my car back in July on the way home from KI at 1:00 AM, and knocked my A/C system out. I still haven't gotten it fixed, and won't until spring.

At least the stupid critter died on impact, so he won't be able to take out anyone else's A/C systems. :P

• Like 5