DC Comics coming to Cedar Fair Parks?

As any roller coaster enthusiast would know there are many differences between six flags and Cedar Fair they are always in competition to see who the better one is. As of right now i believe Cedar Fair is on top. but back to the topic at hand six flags one ups Cedar Fair by having two licenses i mean who wouldn't want batman at their home park. That being said i think six flags bought a Warner brothers license because both DC and looney tunes what do you think the possibilities of Cedar Fair getting dc or any other license for that matter.

the only problem i see is that we may lose the peanuts license and with the peanuts movie coming out soon they could really use that to their advantage

If SIX and FUN were to merge, that might happen.

Absent that, Six Flags' license of the characters from Time Warner certainly would preclude them also being licensed to a competing amusement park operator. Six Flags is not likely to give up the rights any time soon.

• Like 7

This won't happen. Cedar Fair wouldn't even keep Nickelodeon Universe, and if I'm not mistaken. They rethemed Nickelodeon Universe to Planet Snoopy prior to the license agreement ending. The agreement also had options for extension. Which they also did not pick up. I think that was a mistake on CF's end, but given the person in charge at the time it's no surprise.

Why do you think there will be a merger/sale? Because SIX is doing well financially? Or are there other factors?

And if so do you think they'd buy Cedar Fair as a whole, or just certain parks?

I'm scared to think what that would mean for many parks. They're doing well now but it seems when times get tough, they just close a bunch down. And times will be tough again someday.

Also I'd be heartbroken to see most of our beloved rides get renames/rethemes to all Superman/Batman/etc.

It's like a tornado. I'm scared of it, but I want to know more about it.

• Like 5

Beasttamer, it would be great if you'd edit your original post, got into the full editor, and change the topic title to include a "?" or use a clearer title like "Will DC Comics ever come to Cedar Fair?" I came here astounded, expecting that this was an announcement or a press release since the topic title is worded as such. ;)

Welcome to KIC!

• Like 10

Look at the poll question.

Do 70 percent really think Cedar Fair has no possibility of getting ANY licensed property down the road?

That's ridiculous.

And this is the exact problem of always splitting hairs.

The topic title is DC Comics coming to Cedar Fair Parks.

Why does the poll question trump the actual topic title? I think we can all agree the primary reasoning for opening the topic from the beginning was "DC Comics" and "Cedar Fair".

• Like 2

I don't want to, but I'd have to agree with Terp. There is a large chance that there is going to be some sort of merge in at least our lifetimes. Whether thats CF buying up the parks if SF goes completely bankrupt and can't rebound, SF buying up some of the smaller CF parks (Michigan's Adventure, World's of Fun, that petty excuse of a waterpark), or just a full on buyout. 

• Like 3

I don't want to, but I'd have to agree with Terp. There is a large chance that there is going to be some sort of merge in at least our lifetimes. Whether thats CF buying up the parks if SF goes completely bankrupt and can't rebound, SF buying up some of the smaller CF parks (Michigan's Adventure, World's of Fun, that petty excuse of a waterpark), or just a full on buyout. 

Six Flags already owned Geauga Lake once. Six Flags sold both Ohio parks along with some other parks in the USA because the company was losing money at that time. I don't see Six Flags buying any parks for along time. The ones that they did own had to be fixed up before the new owners even reopened them. Ky. Kingdom and Zoombezi Bay(was Six Flags Wyandot Lake by The Columbus Zoo) were 2 parks that had to be redone.

Kentucky Kingdom was closed for years. Of course, it had to be redone.

Wyandot Lake was repurposed as zoo curtilage. Same story.

And the Six Flags of today is more like the Cedar Fair of the 90's, while the Cedar Fair of today is more like the Six Flags of the 80's.

Neither company is the same as it was in the Ohio park disposal era. Besides, if Six Flags sold Geauga Lake, what did Cedar Fair do to it?

• Like 1

Kentucky Kingdom was closed for years. Of course, it had to be redone.

Wyandot Lake was repurposed as zoo curtilage. Same story.

And the Six Flags of today is more like the Cedar Fair of the 90's, while the Cedar Fair of today is more like the Six Flags of the 80's.

Neither company is the same as it was in the Ohio park disposal era. Besides, if Six Flags sold Geauga Lake, what did Cedar Fair do to it?

I'm not going to say who really killed Geauga Lake because my response will cause a fight.

• Like 1