Carowinds Carolina Cyclone question

While browsing TVTropes tonight, I came across this rather odd mention on the Percussive Maintenance page, under the "Real Life" section:

Carowinds, a theme park on the North Carolina/South Carolina border, has a roller coaster called the Carolina Cyclone with a few restraint bars that have a habit of getting stuck. The correct method of unsticking them, as ride attendants are instructed during training, is to kick them.

Does anyone here know whether or not that is actually true? It seems rather odd for a standard procedure.

I mean... It's an Arrow, so the manual override is a foot pedal (Cyclone might even be old enough that the pedal is the ONLY restraint unlock mechanism, I don't remember from my last visit). I don't think pressing the pedal would exactly count as kicking, but to the casual observer sitting in the train, it might look like it.

• Like 3

Cyclone has an automatic unlock, Goldrusher doesn't. Goldrusher only has a foot pedal. I wasn't aware Arrow had them on other types.

I know that Arrow loopers, suspended coasters, and at least some Mine Trains have the foot pedal (usually as an override, but sometimes as the primary restraint release mechanism, such as Corkscrew at Cedar Point). I'd assume the hypers do too because the trains are very similar to the later mine train trains (a la Adventure Express) but I can't remember whether that is the case or not.

• Like 4

I'd assume the hypers do too because the trains are very similar to the later mine train trains (a la Adventure Express) but I can't remember whether that is the case or not.

Yes, Magnum has foot pedals to manually unlock restraints, I've yet to see an Arrow without them.

• Like 1