Ride Height Sign

keeperpanda

So, I went to Kings Island last night and as i was waiting in line to go through security and the part of the height sign that had been changed and viking fury was put on top of whatever was on there and i decided to read the sign. They still have the crypt on it! i wish i would have taken a pic but we got up to security so, ya know, but really Kings Island can you please update your sign...

• Like 1

I think this just goes to show that Kings Island has not looked at their front gate signage since at least 2012 (since that was the first year that Crypt was closed). Ahh how I wish Kings Island was as consistent as Disney, who has pretty much all signage for Downtown Disney around their 44 mile property already changed to Disney Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A park's image is EXTREMELY important.  Even in the small ways.  Take Disney's Hollywood Studios for example...the Imagineers constructed The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at 199 feet because they didn't want to have to put a blinking tower light on top of the structure because it wouldn't look detract from the theme. Details.

• Like 4

A park's image is EXTREMELY important.  Even in the small ways.  Take Disney's Hollywood Studios for example...the Imagineers constructed The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at 199 feet because they didn't want to have to put a blinking tower light on top of the structure because it wouldn't look detract from the theme. Details.

sTFNQBR.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't the in-park signs also refer to The Crypt? I don't remember entirely, but Im fairly sure I walked past one and thought "oh that ride isnt even here anymore"

(Where all the kids get measured and receive their height wrist bands)

On opening day, the Crypt's actual sign on the entrance to the ride was uncovered...
  • Like 5

sTFNQBR.jpg

also of note about TOT is the fact that its design is completely different from the front and back.  The back of the ride faces Epcot, and more specifically, the Monaco pavilion in World Showcase.  The desire was to make the back of the ride blend in with the background behind Monaco, so the back of the ride is themed to that extent.

• Like 1