SIX FLAGS GREAT AMERICA

TheSnapper

Well My friends Dave, Nick and I decided lets go to Six Flags Great America! Well of course this was at 630pm and I was working the flying eagles so the park closed at 8 and we left to head to dayton. After Nick and I stoped at our houses we were off. We arrived at Gurnee Il at 330am there time 430am our time. We couldnt find a hotel, but finally we did.

Sat morning we woke up and at the begals they had at the hotel and then we walked over to the park. The Skyline of the park is great. We could see Superman, V2, Batman, American Eagle, DeJaVu, Raging Bull, Viper all from the parking lot. I was so excited because Ive always wanted to go to the park and I was finally there! The Layout of the park is quite nice and they have a good selection of flats. There Selection includes a Top Spin, a Frisbee, Giant Drop which is a 200 ft free fall, the Flying wagon which is like a Ali Baba the carnival ride. They had a great selection of rides for the whole Family.

SUPERMAN ULTIMATE FLIGHT-great B&M Flying coaster alot more intense than X flight. Amazing Drop and the Pretzel loop is very intense. Great ride and smooth as glass it was amazing

Batman The Ride- Great ride the First B&M invert the station theming is amazing.

Raging Bull-B&M hyper twister, great fast smooth ride. Great theming and great first drop Back seat is amazing.

V2-Is an Impulse great ride built over a lake and nice logo. Very intense

Viper- Great wooden coaster simular to clyclone. great quick drops just about my fav coaster at the park amazing ride great first drop and amazing theming.

DejaVu- This ride WAS OPEN!!and it freaked the hell out of Nick and I. It is intense and scary. A must ride It kicks FACE/OFF's but.

DeJaVu Statistics

Length (feet): 1204'

Height (feet): 191' 7"

Drop (feet): 177'

Inversions: 3

Speed (mph): 65.6

Duration (m:ss): 1:32

Angle Of Descent (degrees): 90

G-Force (g): 4.5

Elements: 110' tall Cobra Roll (Boomerang)

102' tall Loop

Vehicles

Arrangement: Single train with 8 cars. Riders are arranged 4 across in a single row for a total of 32 riders.

Height restriction: Riders must be between 54" and 76" to ride.

Notes: The outside seats of each row are offset a little to the rear, making each row a small v-shape

Info is avalible at rcdb.com

Great trip you had.

My review:

SFGAm is definitely my favorite Six Flags park - and definitely one of the best overall parks. It has one of the best coaster collections out there - and a better steel collection than PKI's IMO - including 4 great B&M installations!

Viper is also an excellent woodie with the air and lateral combos! American Eagle is a pretty good racer as well. Deja Vu may not be the best coaster there, but if your're there and it's up and running, get in line, it's worth a ride.

SFGAm has some great non-coaster, non-thrill rides, like a gyro tower, double deck carousel, train, and even an IMAX theatre!

Whizzer is also not to be missed, as it is now a rare Schwarzkopf model, and is a great ride for the family. In fact, it was almost removed in 2002 to make way for the Superman flyer (they instead chose to take out the big but painful Arrow looper, Shockwave). This year, they had an update of their New Orleans section, with 4 new rides, including a spinning mouse.

My tips:

I'd definitely try to get a hotel in advance, even if you book by phone or online the day of your arrival. Getting to the area all tired after a long day at the park (or driving after a long work day) without a reservation can be a pain in the ass, especially if you have to settle for a dump, or worse, your car.

This year, I tried priceline.com, and ended up getting the Hampton Inn for only about $40/night. The deluxe hot continental breakfast was a nice touch there, as it saved me time and money on my trip.

Also, if you've got some time, I'd highly recommend some sight-seeing in downtown Chicago. Even if you've only got a few hours, Sears Tower is a great place to see it all, from floor 103.

Next year, SFGAm will FINALLY be adding a Hurricane Harbor water park, so I'd highly recommend a trip to Chicago and SFGAm next year!

Hey guys!!

Im' glad that you enjoyed my home park. It truely is one of the best Six Flags parks out there, and all rides are deserving of a great rank. It's too bad you missed Demon, Eagle, Whizzer, and Iron Wolf. They are all great rides(yes, even Iron Wolf if you know how to ride it tongue.gif )

Now, The Snapper, consider yourself extremely lucky that you got a ride on Deja Vu. I have been to that park probably 25 times since it was added in 2001, and I've only ridden it twice. IMO, Face/Off beats Deja Vu any day.

And don't worry about Shockwave. Even though it was bigger than Vortex, Vortex is 100 times better than Shockwave could ever be.

Glad you had a great time!!