2015 Ride/Attraction Totals

MDMC01

Hey all, MDMC01 here. As the title says, this thread is for posting total ride/attraction stats for the 2015 season. 

For me, my most ridden coaster this year was The Bat with 33 rides and my most ridden flat was Delirium with 8 rides. There were a total of 4 rides that I did not ride at all this year and these were: Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Shake, Rattle and Roll (aka The Big Red Machine), Woodstock Express and Xtreme Skyflier. As for my Banshee ride count, it is now in 5th place for the most ridden coaster at KI with 40 rides between this and last year (this year had 2 less rides than last year). Although not recorded in my main data set, I got a total of 4 Kings Island zen rides this year on the following rides (in order of occurrence): RFYLCB, White Water Canyon, Congo Falls and The Bat. 

So, what were some of your ride totals this year?

NOTE: If there is another thread on this same topic, you can end this thread and I can move my info to the next related thread.

• Like 4

For our family (in 31 visits):

Diamondback 339   Boo Blasters on Boo Hill 12 Banshee 102   WindSeeker 10 Firehawk 93   The Bat (The Redo) 10 The Beast 42   Flying Ace Aerial Chase 9 Invertigo 38   Woodstock Express 8 Adventure Express 33   Drop Tower 8 Vortex 32   Congo Falls 8 Monster 25   Surfdog 7 Delirium 23   Shake Rattle and Roll 6 Backlot Stunt Coater 20   Viking Fury 5 Racer 14   Race for Your Life Charlie Brown 5 Flight of Fear 12   White Water Canyon 1

For me:

Diamondback 126   The Bat (The Redo) 4 Banshee 40   Flight of Fear 4 Firehawk 27   Flying Ace Aerial Chase 4 The Beast 17   Woodstock Express 3 Invertigo 15   Drop Tower 2 Vortex 13   Congo Falls 2 Adventure Express 13   Surfdog 2 Delirium 9   Shake Rattle and Roll 2 Backlot Stunt Coater 8   Monster 2 Racer 6   Viking Fury 1 Boo Blasters on Boo Hill 5   Race for Your Life Charlie Brown 1 WindSeeker 4      

Yeah, it is on a spreadsheet (i'm kinda nerdy that way)

• Like 3

Um... I rode a bunch of rides? :P

I don't count individual laps on coasters, just credits. That said, here's some random statistics from my season:

New credits: 2 (Sea Dragon at Columbus Zoo (#60) and Thunderbird at Holiday World (#61))

Vortex rides resulting in a headache: 2

Total Vortex rides: 2

Season passes: 3 (Kentucky Kingdom, The Beach Waterpark, and Cedar Fair Platinum)

Wasted money on season passes: $104 (Kentucky Kingdom pass used for only one visit + Cedar Fair Platinum Pass w/ Platinum Dining Plan used only at Kings Island)

Season passes I actually got my money's worth out of: 1 (The Beach Waterpark)

Visits to Kings Island: 15

Visits to The Beach Waterpark: 3

Kings Island keychains obtained: 9

Times getting stuck on a ride and having to wait on maintenance to come fix it: 3 (Flight of Fear, Banshee, Surf Dog)

Times that turned into an evacuation: 1 (Surf Dog)

Attempts required to successfully ride my first ride of the season without it breaking down right after I boarded: 3

T-shirts purchased: 3 (retro The Bat shirt at KI, T3 shirt at KK, and The Beach tie-dye shirt)

Film shoots participated in: 1 (Holiday World)

Estimated money spent on gas for driving to and from amusement parks: $200

Raccoons hit at 1:00 AM on my way home from Kings Island: 1

Damage done by said raccoon: about $500 to the bumper plus an unknown amount to the A/C compressor

• Like 8

Total visits to ANY park: 69 (if my math is right)

Total different parks visited: 17

Parks I visited (number of visits next to each park):

Carowinds - 3

Busch Gardens Williamsburg - 1

Kings Dominion - 1

Kings Island - 41
Cedar Point - 4
Stricker's Grove - 3
Kentucky Kingdom - 5
Holiday World - 1
Indiana Beach - 1
Kennywood - 1
Conneaut Lake - 1
Waldameer - 1
SFGAm - 2
Little Amerricka - 1
Mount Olympus - 1
Timber Falls Adventure Golf (yes, I count this!)- 1
Valleyfair! - 1

Number of parking lots visited without entering park - 1 (Coney Island)

Number of new credits: I don't even keep track anymore. A lot.

Now-defunct coasters ridden (this year): Two (Thunder Road at CWi and Shockwave at KD). Maybe four, depending on what happens to CLP.

I don't keep individual ride counts, but my most ridden by far was Vortex. Second was likely Thunder Run.

• Like 7

Threw my back out this season, so my counts are all over the map:

Bat: 18

Adventure Express: 13

WindSeeker:  15

Banshee: 1

Eiffel Tower: 92

Kings Island Miami Valley Railroad: 8

Beast: 4

Back Lot Stunt Coaster: 6

Zephyr: 1

Shake, Rattle & Roll: 1

Scrambler: 2

Viking Fury: 6

Delirium: 2

Whitewater Canyon: 1

Splashing Other People's Boats on Whitewater Canyon: 440

Goats petted: 6

Piggies petted: 1

Souvenir Cups left at the park: 1

KIC Meet-ups: 3 (Opening Day, Tropical Plunge Announcement, Closing Day)

Cirque Imagine shows: 7

"Hey Dons:" about 5

"Hey Gregs:" about 3

Meeting Terpy: 1

That's about it. It was an epic season, though; one of the most memorable ever!

• Like 7

To add two more stats to my list above that I forgot:

Unused coupons from the spin-the-wheel games: 10 (1 BOGOF at Skyflyer, 1 BOGOF at Laser Maze, 1 50% off airbrush artwork, 2 25% off 1 item at DB gift shop, and 5 25% off 1 item at Snoopy Boutique/Spotlight Souvenirs)

Unused coupons from the spin-the-wheel games that I might have actually used: 1 (BOGOF at Skyflyer)

• Like 4

I'm in awe, and a little jealous, of those of you who can keep track of your individual ride counts. Since I can rarely keep it in my head for even a short "marathon" (was that three times or two... Maybe four?) it would take significant work to do myself.

Thanks to the computerized gate system, I do know one total: I visited KI 59 days this season. That's including my birthday, when I only entered the park to take a quick shot with the floral calendar because I was in the neighborhood anyway. The vast majority of those days I was there from ERT until close.

I also finally went on Coaster Count this summer to see how many total I've ridden in my life. Although I don't really remember most of them, I went by what parks I visited during which approximate years, and assumed I rode every coaster available at that time (which I would have). That total is 47.

• Like 6

I didn`t get to Kings Island as much as I would have liked this summer.  (Working a full time job and as a rides manager at Coney on the weekends tends to restrict my availability slightly.  Not to mention spending time with my wife, although we did visit KI numerous times together).  

I made 11 trips to Kings Island this year.

But I got to visit lots of parks this year.  They include Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Knott`s Berry Farm, Pacific Park, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Hollywood, Holiday World, Six Flags St. Louis, Worlds of Fun, Silver Dollar City, Kentucky Kingdom and Stricker`s Grove.  All told I added 49 new coasters to my track record, which now stands at 223.  

I know I haven`t been on KIC as much as I used to be.  But I still like to pop in from time to time, and I still read the forums.

• Like 5

I didn't keep track of non-coaster rides, but here are my coaster totals for the year.  I may add to this list if I make it to Dollywood or Six Flags Over Georgia in December.

The Beast: 69; Diamondback: 35; Blue Racer: 7; Red Racer:6; Adventure Express: 10, The Bat:8; Banshee:13; Woodstock Express: 5; Flying Ace Ariel Chase: 3, Backlot Stunt Coaster; 4, Vortex: 3, Firehawk: 1, Thunder Run; 12, Lightning Run:10; Roller Skater Coaster; 2, Thunderbird Left Wing: 12; Thunderbird Right Wing:2; The Voyage: 6, The Legend:4; The Raven:6; T3:4

I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge base in 2016 with my Platinum Pass and visits to parks near the CF parks I visit.

• Like 3

To add two more stats to my list above that I forgot:

Unused coupons from the spin-the-wheel games: 10 (1 BOGOF at Skyflyer, 1 BOGOF at Laser Maze, 1 50% off airbrush artwork, 2 25% off 1 item at DB gift shop, and 5 25% off 1 item at Snoopy Boutique/Spotlight Souvenirs)

Unused coupons from the spin-the-wheel games that I might have actually used: 1 (BOGOF at Skyflyer)

Lol, you reminded me, I took 4 spins, won 4 BOGO funnel cake coupons, which are still floating around on the floor in the back seat of my car...

• Like 3

Yearly Count:

Total different parks visited: 3

Parks I visited (number of visits next to each park):

Kings Island = 5

Cedar Point = 8

Carowinds = 2

Number of parking lots visited without entering park = 0

Number of new credits: 19

Now-defunct coasters ridden (this year): 1: Thunder Road

I really really don't know my ride counts this year, but i know my most ridden ride was most likely Thunder Road, Gemeni, or Rougarou.

• Like 2

Total KI Visits - 64

Banshee - 120

Beast - 175

Diamondback - 30

The Bat  - 20

Amazon Falls - 5

Delirium - 4

Invertigo 2

Adventure Express - 12

The Racer - 18

FOF - 1

Firehawk - 1

WindSeeker - 5

Vortex - 7

RFYLCB - 4

Woodstock Gliders - 7

Fury 325 - 1 (Carowinds)

Carolina Cobra - 1 (Carowinds)

Afterburn - 1 (Carowinds)

Millenium Force - 15

Gatekeeper - 11

Rougarou - 3

Dragster - 7

Maverick - 5

Magnum XL-200 - 5

Raptor - 3

Wicked Twister - 3

• Like 2

I haven't counted exactly how many times I've ridden but new coasters I have ridden 39 new coasters and have gone to 4 new parks. Honestly, fantastic year for me, and it's not over yet, I still have one more trip Black Friday and the Saturday after at SF: Over Georgia. Woo! New credits. But here's to the now practically passed 2015 season and to 2016!

• Like 2

Total KI Visits - 64

Banshee - 120

Beast - 175

Diamondback - 30

The Bat  - 20

Amazon Falls - 5

Delirium - 4

Invertigo 2

Adventure Express - 12

The Racer - 18

FOF - 1

Firehawk - 1

WindSeeker - 5

Vortex - 7

RFYLCB - 4

Woodstock Gliders - 7

Fury 325 - 1 (Carowinds)

Carolina Cobra - 1 (Carowinds)

Afterburn - 1 (Carowinds)

Millenium Force - 15

Gatekeeper - 11

Rougarou - 3

Dragster - 7

Maverick - 5

Magnum XL-200 - 5

Raptor - 3

Wicked Twister - 3

It amazes me how some people, like the quoted, have such a huge discrepancy between the top few rides and then the rest. When I go, I have to diversify what I am doing or I will get bored quickly unless it is a new ride experience.

• Like 6

Total for me= Zippo.

But I'm glad to see some members took up the my slack.

You are not alone- same here for me. I'm really hopeful 2016 goes better...

It will. Sometimes skipping a year gives a new, fresh outlook to the park.

I'm hoping the same for 2017, as I will almost certainly be taking 2016 off completely.

Kings Island:

The Bat - 1

The train - 1

WindSeeker - 1

Knotts:

Voyage - 1

Silver Bullet - 1

Jaguar - 2

Monte - 1

Ghostie - 1

Train (Walter K) - countless times

(Galloping Goose) - 4

Sky Cabin - 5

Supreme Scream - 2

Log Ride - 1

Mine Ride - 4

SeaWorld San Diego:

Manta - 1

Sky Ride - 3

Would have done Sky Tower but it was always closed :(

• Like 5

Okay so I am a total nerd when it comes to this so bear with me here haha.

This year was our BIG year as 2014 my wife was pregnant so we didn't make it out to the parks for more than a couple of trips. That being said we renewed our CF PP and took full advantage of it. We went to two new parks this year Carowinds and Kings Dominion. We also went to Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Holiday World. We added 27 new coasters to our coaster count. Now here is where I get to the crazy stats that pertain to just me.

In 2015

- I was able to ride a total of 304 laps on coasters.

- Top 3 for amount of rides this year were Banshee (25), Thunderbird (24), and Fury 325 (22).

- I was inverted on all of the coasters that I went on 653 times.

- I traveled a total of 1,300,951 feet on a coaster this year, amounting to an absurd amount of 246.4 miles... (I think I did the math right here)

- The most distance traveled on one coaster this year for me was Fury 325 clocking in at 27.5 miles.

Other less nerdy and more memoreable facts/memories for 2015 include:

- I was able to get my little sister (8 years old) on The Beast for the first time ever! She loved it!

- I was able to get my cousin (11 years old) to ride Top Thrill Dragster 3 times! He still brags to this day because his tougher twin brother chickened out!

- I was able to take my daughter (13 months old) to her first park (Holiday World) this October. She had a blast!

- I was able to get my mother in law (65 Years old) on her second coaster ever. She rode The Racer when it first opened up and was terrified of it haha. I was able to get her on Thunderbird at Holiday World. I have the ride photo from it but she would kill me if I put it up here. It was probably the most impressive thing I was able to get someone else to do ever.

After this crazy 2015 year I think we are going to take a break for the summer of 2016 and maybe only spend a day or two at KI or HW total. We had an awesome 2015 year!

• Like 7

I didn't really keep track of coaster credits anymore. Banshee is most likely 25ish. (all time) I didn't go often this year.

New roller coasters though..

Maverick: 2 (All time favourite)
Millie: 2
TTD: 2
Gatekeeper: 2
Wicked Twister: 2
Raptor: 2
Rougarou: 1
Blue Streak: 1
Magnum: 1
Corkscrew: 1
Iron Dragon: 1
Mean Streak: 1

• Like 6

Park visits:

Cedar Point: 7 

• One of those visits was the Rougarou Media Preview. It was a super fun time, and I was so happy I got the chance to go to it. (I even found the part of waking up at 4 a.m. fun :D )

Kings Island: 30 +

• I didn't count the exact amount of times I went this year but I would say it is in that range. I went with either family or friends.

Number of parking lots visited without entering park: 1

• I was down in the Charlotte area for a family member's birthday, and we decided to go to Carowinds that Sunday. I thought I had checked the schedule and saw they were opened. When we pulled in we realized that Carowinds was reserved for that day by a car company (forgot the name). In the end, I didn't get to ride Fury 325, but it isn't going anywhere.

I didn't keep track of rides, but I plan on doing it next year!

• Like 7

I don't keep track of my individual rides. Instead here are some silly stats this season

*4 KI visits that I was paid to be there by my employer.

*3 times I drove a vehicle through the park (with permission).

*1 KI visit where the drive there and back lasted longer than our visit.

*9 KI visits with at least one niece or nephew.

*9 1st time rides/coasters that I experienced with niece/nephews.

*9 nights camping during amusement park visits

*2 park affiliated campgrounds: Hershey & KD

*1 KI WindSeeker ride during fireworks.

*4 blue ice-cream cones

*1 s'more Hershey funnel cake

*1 ride photo purchased

*0 items lost on a ride

*7 park related magnets added to my fridge

*4 parks I've been to before: KI, CP, Carowinds, BGW

*5 new parks: Dorney Park, Hershey, KD, KK, SFA

*2 parks that I need to give a "second chance" visit: KD & SFA

*Numerous sunsets viewed from a ride