Confirmed- Ghostriders new trains

My only issue with adding Millennium Flyers (that's what those are BTW) would be capacity.  With how long it is and how the block sections are spread from lift 1 until lift 2, it needs to be a capacity monster.  I have yet to see GCI go above 24 rider capacity with Millennium Flyers.  GhostRider itself is reducing from 28 to 24 per train with this though its not as big a difference as Beast plus its significantly shorter.  I do see a lot of benefit with switching from the PTC's if KI ever deems them unfit for the ride.  

• Like 2

The 3 row PTCs are nice for capacity, but that's about it. They are just about the worst when it comes to navigating turns without being so rough on the track.

Millennium Flyers streer through turns. They are far more comfortable. At one point, our PTCs were perfectly comfortable for most riders. Today, they are rigged with added ratcheting single bars, high seat dividers and headrests. PTCs have become obsolete.

Millennium Flyers would be so much easier on the track and you may even be able to lessen up on the brakes a little maybe. ;)

• Like 6

Well The Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world, so I don't think capacity would be a problem. It runs 3 trains (30 riders a train I think)  with no problem right now.  I think this type off train would allow them to let up on the brakes a little, as it could pass through the transitions more fluidly. 

Millennium Flyer trains[edit]
220px-Toverland_Troy.jpg

Troy at Toverland is one of GCI's roller coasters that run Millennium Flyer trains

Most GCI designed roller coasters run with in-house-designed articulated Millennium Flyer trains. The only exception is Roar at Six Flags America, which runs with Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters (PTC)-designed trains. Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and GCI's first roller coaster, Wildcat at Hersheypark, also operated with PTC trains when they first opened, but both coasters have since been modified to run with the Millennium Flyer trains.

• Like 3

The 3 row PTCs are nice for capacity, but that's about it. They are just about the worst when it comes to navigating turns without being so rough on the track.

Millennium Flyers streer through turns. They are far more comfortable. At one point our PTCs were perfectly comfortable for most riders. Today they are rigged with added ratcheting single bars, high seat dividers and headrests. PTCs have become obsolete.

Millennium Flyers will be so much easier on the track and you may even be able to lessen up on the brakes a little maybe. ;)

I am just pointing out that PTC still makes buzz bars(handrail), low seat backs for 3 row cars. The two row cars only come with individual lapbars. Check their website and check out Ravine Flyer II's cars.
  • Like 1

^^ Yes, but Is think It's likely PTC wants the headrests on the trains. If they recommend it, then it's law in Ohio. Cedar Fair probably does too as the trains in their true, original configuration are not idiot proof for today's society, (Headrests are to help keep people who stand up inside).

Side note. Cornball Express is pretty terrifying with buzzbars, but needless to say it is perfectly safe.

Phrased that way, you'd need a lawyer authorized to practice law in the State of Ohio to answer that. Then, you'd get an opinion.

I see, thanks anyway. I thought I might get a response with the notorious Terpy legal disclaimer at the end.

Hey folks, it could be much worse train-wise lest we forget the disasters that were SOB's Premier trains.

• Like 3

Wow, those are some awesome-looking new trains. Hopefully this works out for Ghost Rider better than it did for Gwazi, where that ride got new trains and it improved a lot...for like a year then it went rough again. Recent history seems to have shown just slapping new trains on a coaster and expecting it to have all its issues cleared up doesn't exactly work. Though if the modifications go beyond that- and they may well do that- then it could be a happier story, which is the outcome I want for GhostRider since I don't want to see a another once-beloved woodie kick the bucket early.

I would honestly love Millennium Flyers on The Beast. I'm not personally knowledgable exactly how much better they run on a layout compared to PTC trains, but the first GCI I rode, American Thunder (Cubs Thunder), I sat down and it was EXTREMELY comfortable. Only seats I would say are more comfortable (completely subjective) are Millie/Dragster and B&M hypers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well The Beast is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world, so I don't think capacity would be a problem. It runs 3 trains (30 riders a train I think)  with no problem right now.  I think this type off train would allow them to let up on the brakes a little, as it could pass through the transitions more fluidly. 

A coaster's length doesn't necessarily correlate with its capacity. Also, the three trains hold 36 riders each.

• Like 1