HOLIDAY WORLD!

TheSnapper

HOLIDAY WORLD!!!

Well we got there around 930am am all nine of use were able to get in free because we are friends with two of there awesome employees Brain and Casey! Thanks to them for the free tickets. When we first arrived we saw Pat Koch The manager of the park cleaning the tram ride!!! How amazing is that to see some Big Time Manager clean a ride. As usual she greets everyone and thanks everyone for coming to the park!

When we first got into the park we got a free Pepsi because they have FREE POP< FREE PARKING< FREE SUNSCREEN< FREE INER TUBE RENTALS!!

We headed off to RAVEN> This CCI coaster was built back in 1995 and it is absolutely amazing. Its only 85ft tall but has a nice 110' drop! You go in a tunnel at the bottom of the first drop then you fly up a hill and get massive airtime! then you fly over a lake Rudolphand go up another hill then here is the best part of the ride the BEST Mid coarse Drop on any coaster!!! The 5th drop is absolutely amazing and I cant describe it you just have to ride it! Then you go flying through the woods at 50 mph which seems 85 mph then go over some bunny hills then fly into the brake run!!! This is truley an amazing Woodie I personally think its the best.

The Legend, this massive CCI creation was built in 2000, It us awesome looking! It has a great Spiraling drop right into a tunnel! then you o up a hill and get great air! The best part of the ride besides the 1st drop is the turn around that flies around Zinga! This is an amazing turning drop. Then you go over another hill and get mad air then go over some hills. After the hills you go through the Double Helix and and go over a bunch of hills with a bunch of killer laterals. Then after all the awesome turns and drops you finally go into the station!

The park itself is amazing, yeah they dont have a Delirium or a Vortex its an amazing park and everyone should get out there! The have great rides and Liberty Launch is an S&S Double shot and it is very intrense yeah only 80ft tall still its more intense then Power Tower at CP! The Log flume is great and so is there White Water ride.

Splashing Safari is a great Water Park! A whole lot of great huge slides! Zinga is just like Tas Typhoon at PKI but a lot more intense!! Its awesome. Junglew Racer is amazing too its 10 rows of slides side by side 50 ' high that you slide down on mats head first. ZoomBabweis awesome too but the best slides there are Otto-Run-Go. There awesome!

The staff here at HW is absolutly amazing. Its like they love there job and have a passion about it! The park is beautiful landscaped and its just amazing! There are 5 smoking areas which are little decks just for smokers because the park is smoke free!! The food is awesome and dirt cheap Nachos $2.17 there bigger than the ones you get at PKI!!!! Great park everyone should visit truthfully the Best THEME/AMUSEMENT PARK in the world!

You left out the part about the ride home, Brandon!

Anway, the park was perfect. The manager cleaning the tram is also the owner. She and I were talking in the afternoon, when I was taking my wet clothes to the car. She actually remembered us from earlier in the Summer. After we talked for a few minutes, she had to go run the Scrambler.

Raven really is a perfect ride. We only got 3 rides, but 2 of them were the last of the night. We actually got a double ride. Legend is also incredible, but Raven is the best of the best.

If HW ran their Eagles the way PKI runs theirs....the park would be perfect! The only thing I would change is to have them stay open for a few more hours....

Also, the gift shop(s) were $$cheap$$! We got two bags of park stuff for less than $30.

So the big question, who here got a phone call Saturday night? (Hablo?)

yea i love that park!! i go there atleast once a year. i went last month and got to talk to both pat and will koch (i thought will was the owner wink.gif ..not pat) anyways.. they're both great people who really care about the park and how the customers feel. seeing them operate/clean rides, run stores, etc. is so amazing!! they act as if they're just normal employees and not stuck-up or anything. the free soft drinks must make it great!! i think i spent $3 for a burger and fries (drink was free) and that's like all i spent that day.. i got my ticket free from a friend. they aren't there to make tons of money.. they're there to let the customer have fun!! keep up the good work HW

I know the PKI fan boys are looking at all the "BEST OF THE BEST!!!" stuff and thinking "uhhh... no". Time for the person who has been on half of the top 10 wood coasters (according to Golden Tickets) to step in and give his unbaised opinion. It truely is the best park I've ever been to. The park deserves the friendliest staff and cleanest park awards, as (almost) every employee greeted us with a smile and was friendly about us being there. At my trip to Michigan's Adventure, I only saw about 2-3 employees that stuck out in my mind as friendly employees. HW on the other hand had 2 from EACH coaster that I remember as being friendly, the Liberty Launch ride ops were very nice too, and even put up with my confused guest jokes. Merch people at the store where I bough my Legend shirt, also very helpful. The only employee that I remember for not being friendly was their eagles ride op, but he had a reason (I didn't know snapping was illegal there).

Raven is very good, especially the 5th drop, but IMO is just a bit overrated. It still isn't a bad ride, still in my top 10 fav coasters, just not #1 as it was last year on the Golden Tickets. Legend on the other hand is my #1 coaster. It's got airtime, laterals, and on one hill has BOTH at the same time. The race through the water park is also a plus because of the headchoppers.

Basically, HW is the best park for a good time (not for 420 foot rides, theres another park for that Brandon)!

Yeah, yeah, yeah James! You just HAD to call me and rub it in, didn't you?!?! I was soooo bummed about not being able to go. I definitely could have used a few more Raven rides this season. Oh well. We have Kennywood, Knoebels and Six Flags America coming up in a few weeks! Whoo hoo!

- Todd, ready to fly at Knoebels

Yeah, yeah, yeah James! You just HAD to call me and rub it in, didn't you?!?! I was soooo bummed about not being able to go. I definitely could have used a few more Raven rides this season. Oh well. We have Kennywood, Knoebels and Six Flags America coming up in a few weeks! Whoo hoo!

- Todd, ready to fly at Knoebels

We DID get you some wood scraps from Raven, though!

I'll even let you get 1st pick of 'em...