Boo Blasters on Boo Hill or Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle

MaestroJr

This is an issue that has always interested me as various members have always had different opinions. My question is this, which Kings Island dark ride do you prefer?Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle or Boo Blasters on Boo Hill? My favorite has always been the Scooby Doo version of this ride. I think it worked better, performed better, and was defiantly superior to the modern day equivalent. And also I seem to remember the blasters on it working. I rode Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle in 2003 when it opened and defiantly had high expectations considering that I was used to Phantom Theater. I thoroughly enjoyed Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle in its first years and while I agree that it wasn't as unique as Phantom Theater, it was great for kids and also seemed to fit right in with the Hanna-Barbera Land theming that was present at the time.While I LOVE Phantom Theater, in my personal opinion Scooby Doo for me was always a close second.

At the time Scooby's Castle opened until the time it closed I loved it and I will always cherish my memories of it and my hundreds of rides on it. In my books it has a special place in my heart as the late 90s/early 2000s was and always will be my favorite time at Paramount's Kings Island. 

But I want to know your opinion which ride for you is better? Scooby's Haunted Castle or Boo Blasters on Boo Hill?

Thanks for any responses. Sincerely, MaestroJr

P.S. Maybe I'll look through my personal scrapbooks and find some pictures of the Paramount Days at Kings Island and also I may have a few pictures of Scooby's Haunted Castle somewhere in my collection. Also I have a few of Paramount's Kings Island cups that I may post pictures of. Thanks again!

• Like 4

I remember enjoying Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle when it was around. You could say I grew up with that version as I was always too scared to try Phantom Theater. I remember being like really? when Scooby Doo was taken out (especially since Hanna-Barbara Land was gone from the park and Scooby was the one icon left from that era), but now it doesn't bother me like it used to. I think Boo Blasters is ok-  I usually don't end up shooting anything anyway; so it's just an OK dark ride. 

• Like 1

I remember riding Scooby Doo and The Haunted Castle when it first came out, (when the guns actually worked.). Yes it wasn't the same as the Phantom Theater, but being the Scooby Doo fan that I am, I really liked it. A ride for the whole family to ride, because Scooby Doo is a show that the whole family can enjoy. But even after a while when the guns didn't always work, people still enjoyed the ride because it was themed to Scooby Doo. But when it was changed to Boo Blasters On Boo Hill, I lost interest in it. It too loud in some parts, most of the time the guns don't work or, and the storyline is eh, does it even have a story? Honestly I think Boo Blasters On Boo Hill isn't going to be at Kings Island for much longer, I'd rather see a traditional dark non-shooting Peanuts ride there in the future.

• Like 4

When I moved to Mason in 2007, I was all excited that there was a Scooby-Doo ride at Kings Island, because I was obsessed with Scooby-Doo back then. It was the first ride I rode at KI, and it was my favorite when I was a little kid. I remember that when I heard they were removing it I started crying. I liked Boo Blasters before I found out about the previous occupants of the building, but out of the two I'll always like Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle the best because of all the memories.

• Like 3

I also vastly prefer Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, because I know the characters from watching the show. Though I only rode it once, I enjoyed it a lot. Every time I go through the line now, I replay Shaggy's trembling voice saying "Pick up the zapper and pull the trigger..." in my head (The real reason I watched Scooby Doo was just to watch Shaggy and Scooby because they are hilarious). The theming was much better, and I do remember being able to hit many targets in the process (as well as watching and laughing at Scooby and Shaggy in the chase scene at the end). Unfortunately, I don't remember what score I got, but I at least remember what it was like. :)

• Like 4

This question is a no brainer.  Scooby Doo was definitely better than that sorry excuse for a dark ride we have now.  At least the theming was better and I loved how they played an altered version of the Scooby Doo theme with some minor chords thrown in.

With that being said, nothing since the Phantom Theater has ever been as good or better than the previous themes.  From Enchanted Voyage to Phantom Theater, those were by far the best attractions in that building.  Far superior in every way!

Hopefully KI will wake up and revert that building back to it's former glory.

• Like 7

This question is a no brainer.  Scooby Doo was definitely better than that sorry excuse for a dark ride we have now.  At least the theming was better and I loved how they played an altered version of the Scooby Doo theme with some minor chords thrown in.

With that being said, nothing since the Phantom Theater has ever been as good or better than the previous themes.  From Enchanted Voyage to Phantom Theater, those were by far the best attractions in that building.  Far superior in every way!

Hopefully KI will wake up and revert that building back to it's former glory.

Only time will tell.