My Childhood at Paramount's Kings Island

MaestroJr

Hi guys, a couple of weeks ago I posted a Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle or Boo Blasters on Boo Hill blog and I just want to thank everybody for their opinion and honest responses. I of course chose Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle as my favorite. But I also mentioned that I would post some of my pictures of the Paramount years at Kings Island. Well, this whole story of mine will contain pictures of me and my family riding rides during my childhood and also the Paramount years at Paramount's Kings Island. Most of these pictures were taken during the late 90s/early 2000s. I hope you enjoy and I hope that if you grew up in the late 90s/ early 2000s like me then you will enjoy some nostalgia from a shared Kings Island past. Enjoy some memories! Please excuse the pictures quality, I have to take a picture of the picture and then upload it, so it isn't the best quality.

First off will be pictures of Scooby's Ghoster Coaster (which was removed for expanding the Nick Universe part of the park) 

Me and my Brother on Scooby's Ghoster Coaster.

DSCF1899_zpskt0qfnc0.jpg

Mom and my Sister

DSCF1891_zpseiwdr9tn.jpg

Me and my Brother again

DSCF1892_zpsombvwjyo.jpg

Me and my brother, Im the one on the left in the light blue shirt

DSCF1896_zpst5evuu6k.jpg

Me and my brother with Flintstones characters

DSCF1889_zps8lvep5d3.jpg

DSCF1888_zpsiqpowef3.jpg

Me on the old Flintstones Bumper Boulder ride

DSCF1886_zpsngd2wvkz.jpg

Adventure Express sign

DSCF1897_zpsu0aa6fqe.jpg

Me eating La Rosa's pizza 

DSCF1890_zpsq3blki5w.jpg

Im a triplet by the way. The three of us on the swing ride. If you notice the blue buidling in the background, that actually is Phantom Theater (its exit door) If you look close enough, you can see Phantom Theater's exit door sticking out of the buidling. 

DSCF1885_zpsnoqe0gox.jpg

Next is one of my favorite pictures. Its me and my brother with Scooby Doo, in front of Scooby's Haunted Castle. Who else took a picture with Scooby and the Mystery Machine as a kid at Kings Island?

DSCF1894_zpsnyekr9ft.jpg

Us at FearFest

DSCF1893_zpsuv5irffa.jpg

Hard to make out, but this picture is actually the gas tank that explodes on what was then the brand new Italian Stunt Job. And the Eiffel Tower.

DSCF1895_zpsrheta1g3.jpg

Ice Cream place at Kings Island, think it's called Ralph's Ice Cream

DSCF1900_zpsjerki6fj.jpg

Me in front of Son of Beast.

DSCF1883_zps2y2lgz6f.jpg

And lastly, a modern picture of me on Son of Beast after the tore it down.

DSCF1901_zpsqtpc2cyi.jpg

Thanks so much if you read this, and thanks for letting me show you some of my favorite memories as a kid. Ive always loved Kings Island and always will. I will always cherish my memories as a kid at Paramount's Kings Island. And I hope that if you remember some of these rides from your childhood that you get a kick of nostalgia. Thanks so much, Cheers! :)

• Like 19

Thanks for sharing your pictures, it brings me back a lot of memories of when I was younger. I really wish that my parents had taken more pictures during the Paramount years, I used to love Scooby's Ghoster Coaster, but I don't remember the ride too well. I also used to like the Pixie and Dixie Swings, and I liked the Flintstones Boulder Bumpers until the point where I was too tall to ride it.

A lot of memories have taken place at Kings Island and for many years to come.

• Like 4

The Ghoster Coaster! I remember that ride vividly, going above the old Red Baron ride and just soaring above the park was amazing! Thanks for sharing, it's hard to believe just how long ago it has been since HB Land.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks y'all so much for all the comments and memories of your own, sorry it took me so long to reply to this forum. I figured people who grew up or were born in the 90s and the Paramounts years of Kings Island like me, would enjoy some of the pictures from mine and your childhood. I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and hope that y'all enjoy the rest of the holidays and have a happy new year. Only about 3 or so more months until Kings Island reopens. Look forward to seeing y'all then. Best wishes, happy holidays, MaestroJr.

• Like 2

My childhood at Kings Island began with opening season.  :)  Although I love the BIG coasters, I do miss some of the rides they had back then.  I think the one I miss the most was the Bayern Curve.  I enjoyed the Sky Ride, the Tumble Bug, and the Zodiac (huge ferris wheel).  I can remember The Bat being where The Vortex is located.  That building one walks through was called The Bat House.  :)

• Like 3

I've never really understood why anyone thought Ghoster Coaster was a good idea. It had horrible capacity so the lines were always long, and it was rather painful for adults - especially guys. Maybe it was some sort of a package deal with the helicopter ride since both were made by the same company (Caripro, which at some point was purchased by Vekoma).

• Like 2

You are right, that is the Fast Lane sign. That picture was taken more recently as I posted that picture just to show one of my favorite rides as a kid. None of my family took a picture of Adventure Express back in the 90s  when I was a kid, so I took a picture of it more recently and posted it on here just as a tribute to one of my favorite rides as a kid. Every other picture was taken in the 90s/early 00s except the one of me sitting on Son of Beast's remnants a few years back. Good observation!, and good question!, MaestroJr

• Like 3

I've never really understood why anyone thought Ghoster Coaster was a good idea. It had horrible capacity so the lines were always long, and it was rather painful for adults - especially guys. Maybe it was some sort of a package deal with the helicopter ride since both were made by the same company (Caripro, which at some point was purchased by Vekoma).

Now that you mention it, looking back, the line was rather long.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Also I remember feeling unsafe on it my first time riding the Ghoster Coaster. It seemed to be so high and I remember my brother was so scared that he tried to free himself of the restraints and then he grabed on to me. Ah, memories. Still I remember enjoying it after I found the courage to ride it. Same with Phantom Theater, once I became aware that Maestro wasn't real, I really enjoyed Phantom. Also along with The Beastie, Scooby's Ghoster Coaster was my first roller coaster. I remember also my first time riding Adventure Express how fast I thought it was, and going up the first lift hill and looking up at Son of Beast, I remember how scared I was of Son of Beast. Cheers, MaestroJr

• Like 2

I wish we had taken more picture's of Kings Island, during that time, I remember riding the Hanna-Barbara Carousel in 1999, or possibly 2000, I was about 3.  Around that time I remember seeing Kings Island promoting Son of Beast. I remember riding Scooby's Ghoster Coaster with my older brother, I do remember closing my eyes the first time I rode it. Then as time went by White Water Canyon became my favorite rides (and still is one of my favorites.). Then my sister literally took her first steps while we were waiting in line for The Beastie. Going into Phantom Theater with my older brother was an awesome experience, we would ride it over and over again. So many memories have taken place at Kings Island and this is why Kings Island continues to be my favorite place.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been mentioned on KIC before and I apologize if it has, but there's a Facebook page called "Old Photos of Cincinnati" that occasionally posts old pictures of KI. Recently they put up a photo of Enchanted Voyage and the exit of the Animal Safari monorail.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite rides that I miss to this day is the DAYS OF THUNDER interactive ride experience. When that was retired, they had the 007 Interactive ride experience. What was the name of that completely? Either way, I miss those rides and wish they had something like that now.

• Like 3