Holiday World Wood Coasters to get some love for 2016

And I will be back there after the park is sold.

http://www.iaapa.org/news/funworld/funworld-magazine/holiday-world-s-thunderbird---august-2015

Not a word about Pat. Will, it says, led the park for 20 years (obviously Pat had NOTHING to do with it). Paula Werne is a goddess, Matt's predecessor was Will...

To write out of the Park's history a woman who was and is truly a pioneer in the industry, who is living yet today, and to try to pretend she had nothing to do with it. I also assume from the article that Will, like the park itself, raised himself, because neither his living Mother Pat nor his long deceased Father Bill merits even a mention. Pat's 84 years old. She ran the park for years after her husband's untimely death. Will was one of several children, and only in the last few years before his death was he running the place. Even then, as the family would tell you then, it was a collective family effort. And Pat? Working still. But not at Holiday World.

Disrespectful? Arrogant? Naivè? Pathetic?

Sad.

Truly sad.

• Like 11

Alabama's Splash Adventute seems to be doing good, I think Dan and Pat announced three new rides in a video a few months ago; along with remodeling a restuarant. From what I have seen looking through the Facebook, he seems very hands on with PR. Here is wishing the best chance to Holiday World and Alabama Splash Adventure.

• Like 2

Look for some love to the 3 woodies in the off season.

A new element, a tunnel... More to come in January.

Holiblog posted this video

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

Voyage, oh Voyage.

As far as decent wooden roller coasters go, after a good off-season rehab last year, the ride was impeccable this season. I'm not sure I've ever been on The Voyage with it running the way that it did this season. I was overly impressed.

Based on the information presented, I interpret that "list" as the following as far as The Voyage is concerned:

- Barrel Roll (As seen on Hades 360)

- The "return" of Timberliner trains

As for Raven and Legend, I suspect that's where the mentioned "tunnel" will appear.

• Like 3

Look for some love to the 3 woodies in the off season.

A new element, a tunnel... More to come in January.

Holiblog posted this video

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

Voyage, oh Voyage.

As far as decent wooden roller coasters go, after a good off-season rehab last year, the ride was impeccable this season. I'm not sure I've ever been on The Voyage with it running the way that it did this season. I was overly impressed.

Based on the information presented, I interpret that "list" as the following as far as The Voyage is concerned:

- Barrel Roll (As seen on Hades 360)

- The "return" of Timberliner trains

As for Raven and Legend, I suspect that's where the mentioned "tunnel" will appear.

The return of Timberliners? What return? They never did anything more than testing and the family got to ride them. Then they disappeared and new PTC's purchased. I think that ship has sailed for The Voyage!

• Like 8

^ I guess that just depends on how you look at it.

I tend to think that for something to "return" means that it will go back to a place where it was previously. Even if the trains were at the park, never tested at all, and sat on the ground next to the station before leaving, that would still mean that they had returned, if they were to come back to the park.

We'll just have to wait and Sea......At least it wont necessarily be 66 Days this time.....

• Like 2

Given the very short amount of time between an Indiana court declaring Lori Koch in charge of the park and the announcement that the Timberliner testing was cancelled, I am not holding my breath that those trains are coming back. In fact, I'm very curious to know who is designing the modifications to whichever coaster is being changed. I know nothing, of course--just speculating.

Also speculation: I think Voyage will get an inversion in place of its final 90-degree turn and the following turn. The two hills after that point seem probable for such a thing, too.

Tunnel-wise, I'm thinking it will either be Legend under the water slide or Voyage under Thunderbird. I really don't know where else a tunnel would seem natural or necessary to protect riders from falling objects. Of course, both locations already have netting, so I should reiterate that I am making things up as I go.

• Like 3

Ugh. I certainly hope that Voyage doesn't get Timberliners. I actually kind of like it. It would be a shame if I couldn't ride it anymore.

- homestar92, who really enjoys Arrows and Dinns but truly cannot fathom why anybody who's ridden a ride with them would ever want Timberliners on any coaster.

• Like 7

To be quite honest, I'm not particularly a fan of Timberliners myself. As I said earlier, The Voyage was impeccable this season and possibly better than it's ever been.

I'm just guessing that the new element (inversion, possibly) would go on The Voyage, since it is almost the only candidate for one. With that being said, I was thinking that Timberliners would be used to go through an inversion.

The more I think about it now, I suppose there are a few other trains nowadays that can handle inversions.....

• Like 3

Just a thought that popped into my head- if Voyage is getting an inversion as a new element, and thus possibly new trains, could that mean the PTCI-360 trains PTC debuted at IAAPA this year on Voyage?

I don't see how if the Timberliners didn't work, those would. While it would allow for the addition of an inversion, if the Timberliners didn't cut the maintenance costs enough or make the ride any more comfortable, I don't see these doing it either. So the inversion would be the only thing gained by this- and if for some reason the new trains didn't work by opening day, Voyage would be forced to be SBNO until it was fixed, as PTC would probably not allow the old trains after this kind of modification. Which would be very bad for Holiday World.

• Like 3

Whatever happens, im gonna leave the worrying up to the people getting paid, and a few of you appatently .

Ive always been impressed with holiday world (Pilgrims Plunge days aside). Im pretty confident that they won't fudge this up.

Though, a new element, Id feel a little weird,like they're messing with what's already great

• Like 2

I'm sort of surprised everyone thinks this new element is going to be an inversion. I could see something as simple as an extra 90 degree turn or something similar. I just don't see them going that far as adding an inversion on any of their coasters. I'm really excited to see what they do have in store. It may prove my guess wrong.

• Like 6

I'm sort of surprised everyone thinks this new element is going to be an inversion. I could see something as simple as an extra 90 degree turn or something similar. I just don't see them going that far as adding an inversion on any of their coasters. I'm really excited to see what they do have in store. It may prove my guess wrong.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be an inversion either.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. I certainly hope that Voyage doesn't get Timberliners. I actually kind of like it. It would be a shame if I couldn't ride it anymore.

- homestar92, who really enjoys Arrows and Dinns but truly cannot fathom why anybody who's ridden a ride with them would ever want Timberliners on any coaster.

If you wanted to give them another try, they're available for purchase for the price of $550,000. Gently used. A nice, familiar shade of blue.

• Like 6

Call me crazy, but I just had a radical theory.  GCI is currently working on a CCI designed coaster out west in GhostRider, including adding Millennium Flyers.  

Maybe something similar here?  Perhaps slap in a 90 degree banked turn or 2 in there (which could be done on Legend on some parts)?  I don't know how Holiday World's relationship with Gravity Group is going currently, but that also might be the point.  

Would be pretty sweet to see an inversion on Legend or Voyage

It is nice to dream, but I find it unreasonable thinking that HW is a going to add any inversion on their existing wooden coasters. They got burned enough trying to add new trains on a coaster the trains were designed for, why would they even consider going through that and not easily be able to go back. Secondly, they just added 4 inversion in the park last year. If any inversion are going on a wooden coaster at HW, I would think it would only be on a new coaster. Third, two of the wooden coasters are award winning coasters, and the the third is a Legend. :lol: Why majorly change elements when what they already have is working?

• Like 3