Coasterstock 2016

Magenta Lizard

Big *SIGH*, again I am forced to decide between my 2 favorite places. I prayed this event wouldn't conflict with qualifications for Indy, but it will. A bigger, better Coasterstock, vs. qualifications for the 100th running of the Indy 500. Sadly I'm leaning toward Indy this time. Coasterstock will most likely be back next year, in it's 3rd incarnation. There will be only 1, 100th Indy. This saddens me deeply. 

• Like 9

Big *SIGH*, again I am forced to decide between my 2 favorite places. I prayed this event wouldn't conflict with qualifications for Indy, but it will. A bigger, better Coasterstock, vs. qualifications for the 100th running of the Indy 500. Sadly I'm leaning toward Indy this time. Coasterstock will most likely be back next year, in it's 3rd incarnation. There will be only 1, 100th Indy. This saddens me deeply. 

It looks like quals are on that first Saturday of Coasterstock and a slightly condensed Pole Day that next day.  Once details of qual weekend are announced, maybe the schedule will allow you to attend Sunday.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looks like the page updated: This is from the Kings Island website

COASTERSTOCK

05/20/16, 05/21/16, 05/22/16

Exclusive Ride Time! Behind-The-Scenes Tours! Guest Speakers! Event T-Shirt! Photo Contest!

It’s the event of the year for roller coaster enthusiasts – COASTERSTOCK at Kings Island!

This two days and three nights event features hours of exclusive morning and night ride time for coaster aficionados on Banshee, The Beast, Diamondback and other popular attractions; behind the scenes experiences, guest speakers and more!

Friday, May 20

6:00 p.m. Event Check-In Begins

10:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. ERT Racer, Flight of Fear, Firehawk

Saturday, May 21

7:00 a.m. Event Check-In

8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. ERT Banshee, Bat, Delirium, Adventure Express

1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Beast Behind The Scenes Tours and Photo Opportunities

5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Dinner with guest speaker Dennis Speigel

10:30 p.m. - Midnight ERT Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Diamondback, Vortex, Woodstock Gliders

Sunday, May 22

8:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Story Behind The KI & Miami Valley Railroad Tour

9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. ERT Grand Carousel, Dodgem, Zephyr

11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Lunch

8:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. ERT Banshee, Beast, Diamondback, Woodstock Gliders

10:30 p.m. Instagram Photo Contest, Twitter Scavenger Hunt, Social Media Rock Star Winners Announced

Members of the following eight roller coaster clubs and organizations are eligible to participate in COASTERSTOCK:

The American Coaster Enthusiasts

Club Theme Park Review

Coaster Buzz Club

Coaster Crew Platinum

Great Ohio Coaster Club

European Coaster Club

Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain

Club de Fans de Montanas (Mexico)

Tickets for COASTERSTOCK go on sale later this month.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 4

Interesting schedule. Not sure I'll show up on Friday since it's just added ERT, albeit after the park closes. I also wish they'd move the train tour to Saturday morning, as it's not practical for me to do that on Sunday with church in the morning, since my church is on the other end of town from there.

• Like 3

Adding Friday night is a really nice perk.  Many people get into town on Friday due to the early ERT on Saturday morning, so doing registration and some stuff on Friday is an awesome idea.

I wonder how much it will affect the price.  Last year it was $62 for non-passholders.  You have to figure it would go up some anyway, but with an extra evening added, I wonder how much.

• Like 4

I just bought my Coasterstock ticket! I'm so excited! I also signed up for the National Roller Coaster Day event. Its good to see that added other clubs to the event this year.

Don't forget to register for the event now that you have purchased your ticket! 

• Like 8

Woo! Got my ticket. Now I just have to decide what Beast Tour time I prefer. On the one hand, the first time period Don will be fresh, and hopefully still excited because he didn't do a bunch of other tours yet. On the other hand, on the last one we won't be rushed because there won't be a tour coming in after us... Decisions, decisions!

Edit: went with the first one, at 1:00

• Like 6

I've been Invited to go, but at the moment I'm not quite sure because of money. Plus last year I couldn't find anyone who wanted to split the cost as far a hotel stay in concerned. The fact that this is a weekend event makes me really anxious to decide If I can go or not. Right now I'll just say I'm Highly Interested! :)

• Like 1

So, looks like my planned trip to the event in Southwest Indiana is scratched due to it being the same weekend as Coasting for Kids. I was thinking but decided that getting home at 3 in the morning Sunday, then getting up and being at KI for CFK is just too much for this 40yr old. So I will be attending CoasterStock! :)

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 3

^ Has the date for Coasting For Kids been announced?

(It's typically that weekend, but dates can change from year to year.)

I will never, ever forget those infamous "ribs".

It was an experience.

I had fun watching everyone trying to eat them. I got a plate full and managed to find one bite of chewable meat.

• Like 6

^ Has the date for Coasting For Kids been announced?

(It's typically that weekend, but dates can change from year to year.)

I will never, ever forget those infamous "ribs".

It was an experience.

I had fun watching everyone trying to eat them. I got a plate full and managed to find one bite of chewable meat.

Those ribs should not be called ribs. I will never have ribs at the park again after that experience. 

Sadly, I will not be attending this year's event. It's basically last year's event added with a few more ERTs on coasters and attractions I rarely ride anyways, and if there is no new tours, then why bother? I would if I got Banshee or FoF tours, but not for something that has already been done once before. 

Things might change, things might not, but my resentment for those ribs still stands. 

• Like 1

ERT is nice as usual and expected, but I agree with nothing new being slightly disappointing. I guess not everyone has ever been back through The Beast & whatnot, and that's a signature move for Kings Island to show off the largest wooden coaster ever and get some behind the scenes. However, it's old, it's been done ALOT. I got to take a few tours last year, it was pretty good, but I would't pay to do it again or make it a staple to go do.

There's so much more at Kings Island I'd love to see, but surprised I've never seen them show it off. The day a tour down at the bottom end of Banshee becomes available, I'll jump all over it.

But same food, speakers, and general idea, I'll pass this year as well.

I'm planning on attending, but I will probably not go all 3 days.  Since it starts with a Friday night in May, there is a good chance that the entire Friday evening could be unofficial ERT.  Better too much ERT than too little though.  

I have no idea what the story is with the ribs, but I find it hilarious that so many posts have alluded to them. Were both meals last year in the picnic grove?  Did said ribs appear at both meals? 

• Like 2