Coasterstock 2016

Magenta Lizard

ERT is nice as usual and expected, but I agree with nothing new being slightly disappointing. I guess not everyone has ever been back through The Beast & whatnot, and that's a signature move for Kings Island to show off the largest wooden coaster ever and get some behind the scenes. However, it's old, it's been done ALOT. I got to take a few tours last year, it was pretty good, but I would't pay to do it again or make it a staple to go do.

There's so much more at Kings Island I'd love to see, but surprised I've never seen them show it off. The day a tour down at the bottom end of Banshee becomes available, I'll jump all over it.

But same food, speakers, and general idea, I'll pass this year as well.

Same food?

The menu hasn't been posted yet.

Heard there won't be ribs this year.

• Like 1

With some of the mysterious tweets by Mr. Scheide I think we may get some hints about what is coming. Plus who can say No to that much ERT, free t- shirt, meeting other enthusiasts, and getting to know a great park.

Missed out last year and can't wait for this year to actually take part in my first Coasterstock.

• Like 4

I'm so exited for Coaster stock this year! Last year I went but I went alone. It was super awkward but i loved it. Not too many people in high school are super into roller coasters haha. Hopefully I can make some friends and hopefully not be a loner this year.

• Like 6

For what it's worth, in 2015, parking fees were not collected on the first day when CoasterStock traffic was routed into the lot via One Team Way to avoid the Color Me Rad race. Parking tolls were being collected on the second day when the main lot opened for CoasterStock attendees.

But, yes, call the park for an answer.

• Like 3

I contacted the park. Parking is not included. So with that I am not going. $76 plus another $45 for parking is more than what I'm wanting to spend

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

Parking for the three-day event is included for non-Gold and Platinum passholders.  Those with a Gold or Platinum pass will need to use their SP for parking. 

• Like 8

Read Don's post two above yours...

Parking IS included for nonpassholders...

My bad.  Misread it.  I thought he was saying even a "regular" season pass would get you free parking.  Good ole Internet...my apologies!

But why would Gold and Platinum passholders 'need to use their SP' if it's already included?  Anyhoo...

I'll politely suggest that Don could have made it clearer, but that is not to suggest I do not appreciate his posts. This is the Internet, where folks can and will misInterpret lots of things in the absence of sound and body language.

He couldn't have been more clear in his post, but I have to admit that I misread it too. I guess I just expected parking to not be included.

But to reiterate: parking IS included with your ticket if you don't have a pass, if you have a Gold or Platinum pass you use that to park.

• Like 4