Coasterstock 2016

Magenta Lizard

If you bought a non-passholder ticket, it's not valid for admission to the park until 6pm Friday.

If you bought a passholder ticket, you need to use your season pass for admission. In this case, you can (of course) enter the park during the day.

• Like 1

As previously stated by Don, an email will go out 5-7 days before the event, at which time additional events may or may not be announced.

At the earliest, I would expect an email from him around the weekend, maybe next week closer to the event itself.

I've been on a half-dozen Beast tours, and no two have been exactly the same. So it wouldn't really be a spoiler to explain the group walks back with Don as he talks about The Beast: history, trivia, asks and responds to questions. The group follows some of the maintenance roads around Beast and there are some great opportunities for photos. It is quite enjoyable.

• Like 5

Hopefully the email that will be sent this weekend will include the time that I chose for The Beast tour.  Having purchased event tickets in February, I failed to document the time that I chose.  I hope there is some leniency in that department.

• Like 4

I saw a less-negative forecast today through a different app (Dark Sky), which focuses specifically on rain predictions, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is more correct. I haven't watched its predictions from a week out, but I know it is really good at telling me when rain is about to start. They are only calling for 16% chance Friday and 35% Saturday. At least I own a raincoat now.

Anyone get the email Don mentioned, yet? I'm getting antsy with only four days left.

• Like 2

I saw a less-negative forecast today through a different app (Dark Sky), which focuses specifically on rain predictions, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is more correct. I haven't watched its predictions from a week out, but I know it is really good at telling me when rain is about to start. They are only calling for 16% chance Friday and 35% Saturday. At least I own a raincoat now.

Anyone get the email Don mentioned, yet? I'm getting antsy with only four days left.

I love that app.  I have notifications turned on for when rain in my area starts, and it seems to be super accurate.

• Like 1

Rainy days can be good days to visit KI. Most everything remains operating, and crowds are thin when the skies clear. Hopefully this year's lanyards are more water resistant than last year's.

Rain isn't ideal for a trek through The Beast woods, of course; hopefully conditions are dry for the tour.

• Like 3

Eek, that's not good. If you have your confirmation from buying your ticket, tho, I'm sure it is a problem that can be worked out at check-in, if it's really a problem at all.

Also, I made a little Twitter poll for the lead up to Coasterstock, if anyone wants to vote. I'll be doing a different one on Thursday, too. https://twitter.com/maglizrd/status/732543714116145152

Sorry, I didn't mean to be doom and gloom. It probably is a problem somewhere in email, rather than a problem with your registration, I would think.

On the weather front, Dark Sky is now calling for 60-some-percent chance of rain on both Friday and Saturday (nothing Sunday), specifically with light rain starting a little after 8 Friday and continuing through noon Saturday. Light rain is no problem, and that leaves most of the weekend clear. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1